PDA

View Full Version : WWE to Induct Drew Carey into the Hall of Fame

Travicity
03-14-2011, 05:35 PM
DREW CAREY TO ENTER WWE HALL OF FAME

WWE is proud to announce the newest member of the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame — comedian and game show host Drew Carey. The WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony presented by THQ’s "WWE All Stars" will take place at the Phillips Arena on Saturday, April 2 and the one-hour TV special will air Monday, April 4 at 8/7c on USA Network.

Drew Carey is the latest member of the celebrity wing of the WWE Hall of Fame, joining the likes of Pete Rose, Bob Uecker and William “Refrigerator” Perry. Other members of the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame Class include “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels, “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, “Bullet” Bob Armstrong and the original WWE Diva, Sunny.

Carey established his place in WWE history as a surprise entrant in the 2001 Royal Rumble. However, Carey’s fortunes quickly turned, when the massive WWE Superstar Kane entered the ring, prompting Carey to eliminate himself from the match.

Carey, a former United States Marine Reservist, is the host of “The Price Is Right” and star of “The Drew Carey Show” and “Whose Line Is It Anyway?”. Carey will lead a cast of improvisation all-stars, including Ryan Styles, Colin Mochrie, Greg Proops, Brad Sherwood and Kathy Kinney, in the new series “Drew Carey’s Improv-A-Ganza,” which premieres April 11 at 8 pm ET/PT on GSN. Each episode will showcase a half-hour of improvised sketch comedy complete with audience participation.

PWI

Black Widow
03-14-2011, 06:24 PM
DREW CAREY TO ENTER WWE HALL OF FAME

WWE is proud to announce the newest member of the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame — comedian and game show host Drew Carey.

if WWE are proud to announce that, well fuck me sideways and call me sally.. because this is the biggest load of bullshit i have ever read on WWE.com, the moment i seen this i was ranting away..

Lets start here..

1. Is he a wrestler? NO.

2. Is he a manager? NO.

3. How many appearances has he had? ONE.

4. Does one appearance in WWE deserve a Hall of Fame spot? FUCK NO.

5. Should he have even been considered to be in the Hall of Fame? HELL NO.

In my opinion he doesnt deserve a damn spot in the Hall of Fame what so ever.. the one appearance is nothing and is pathetic and makes WWE look desperate to put people into the Hall of Fame.

Swinny
03-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Eh, it's the "celebrity wing", what do you expect? They're just looking for publicity out of it and they'll most likely get it.

But, Drew Carey going in the Hall of Fame before people like Randy Savage and Bruno Sammartino... is just wrong.

wwe9112
03-14-2011, 08:34 PM
This pisses me off it's going to lower the prestige and honor of the hall of fame.

Dragón De Muerte
03-14-2011, 09:43 PM
exactly same as pete ross and both bring disgrace to the hall of fame. neither should be in.

Metalitia
03-15-2011, 02:17 AM
Yay let's just really cheapen the HOF shall we.

To think some people were worried cus they didn't want Goldberg going in.

Drew Fucking Carey? One mildly amusing but what some would call dire appearence ina Royal Rumble makes you a fame hungry money grabber not a wrestling hall of famer.

Celebrity Wing? What a crock of shit.

DamienCross
03-15-2011, 03:35 AM
Next thing you know the Hall Of Fame is going to have a section called "Celebrities who guest hosted RAW" / "Celebrities who my have once flicked the channel and accidently landed on wrestling"

Kellie
03-15-2011, 04:10 AM
WWE fails again, so again, why do you people still watch it? lol

Daniel the Imapler
03-15-2011, 04:25 AM
Drew Carey deserves to be in the HOF..

Kenpachi Zaraki
03-15-2011, 07:09 AM
I can't believe you people whine over the same thing over and over again

Black Widow
03-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Drew Carey deserves to be in the HOF..

if he does then so do i..

wwe9112
03-15-2011, 12:37 PM

And so does Cartmen from South Park, the show had that one episode on wrestling close enough.

Metalitia
03-15-2011, 03:59 PM
And so does Cartmen from South Park, the show had that one episode on wrestling close enough.

Vince was even on it :P

The Mac
03-15-2011, 04:37 PM
shouldnt this be in hall of fame section...

but anywayz, ya this is pathetic but a great way to get publicity for mania

Swinny
03-15-2011, 06:21 PM

Well, actually... Cartman has appeared on more WWE events than Drew Carey. In doll form and on t-shirts, at least.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/555/480/golga_display_image.jpg?1291892862

ironicicon
03-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Who cares? Come on! At the end of the day, does it really matter who goes into the Hall of Fame? It's an added bonus to Wrestlemania to make it seem like a bigger deal. That's all. It can't be taken too seriously and to be honest, it's the WWE's fault for allowing a celebrity wing in the first place. This could be conceived as a legitimate Hall of Fame if it weren't for that but it is what it is. People who deserve to be there, be proud for them and those that don't well, take it with a grain of salt and let them get the publicity they think that they need.

Daniel the Imapler
03-16-2011, 02:35 AM

Good to see you know sarcasm