PDA

View Full Version : St. Patrick's Day-After: TV's Most Legendary Hangovers

Travicity
03-18-2011, 11:27 PM
St. Patrick's Day-After: TV's Most Legendary Hangovers
Wipe away yesterday's debauchery, put on a pot of coffee and stay focused, because it's time for UGO's countdown of TV's Most Legendary Hangovers!

How I Met Your Mother

Woke Up In: How I Met Your Mother's "The Pineapple Incident"

When you wake up the next morning, you have to take the good with the bad. For instance, hooking up with a woman? Good! Burning your coat? Bad. Getting a random phone number? Good! Spraining your ankle? Bad.

Pineapple on your nightstand? Uh...

The Alfred Hitchcock Hour

Woke Up In: The Alfred Hitchcock Hour's "Hangover"

The original Hangover, Alfred Hitchcock took us through some of the greater dangers of binge drinking, namely losing your job after a shoddy presentation, and choking your wife to death with the scarf you bought for her.

Sleep well!

King of the Hill

Woke Up In: King of the Hill's "As Old as the Hills"

What's the world coming to when even Hank and Peggy Hill will get wasted off tequila, as on their anniversary?! Not to mention the difficulty of recovering from hangovers at their age, or waking up inside of a trash can!

That's one hell of a Hank-over. I'm sorry. I had to.

Friends

Woke Up In: Friends' "The One After Vegas"

We're pretty sure the city of Las Vegas starts handing out marriage certificates before tourists even board the plane, with the rate sitcom and movie characters wind up betrothed.

Waking up next to Jennifer Anniston wouldn't be the worst thing ordinarily, but have you ever tried to get permanent marker off your face from the night before?

Angel

Woke Up In: Angel's "Life of the Party"

Was it their fault? No. Lorne getting his "sleep" removed somehow stresses him out to the point of controlling his co-workers actions, but that doesn't change Fred and Wesley drunkenly embarrassing themselves in front of everyone, and Angel sleeping with his new boss behind a couch.

Oh, and Gunn peed on everything.

The Walking Dead

Woke Up In: The Walking Dead's "TS-19"

When you've been on the run from a world gone mad with zombies for months, anyone would take to the first stockpile of alcohol they find.

But Glenn and Rick's hangovers don't quite match up to Shane, who awoke with a serious neck-scratch from trying to force himself on his best friend's wife the night before. Oh, and Dr. Jenner's gonna blow the building up. Here's some aspirin!

That '70s Show

Woke Up In: That '70s Show

Re-used several times throughout the series, the magical Forman kitchen proves a poor local to sober up or come down from a high, as the walls behind people tend to move, or heads flail independently of their bodies.

Stay in school, kids.

Scrubs

Woke Up In: Scrubs' "Her Story II"

As a relatively young man, I look forward to the day when, like Jordan Sullivan, I'll be old enough to dress myself and go to work still completely unconscious from drinking the night before.

Though, I imagine a fake arrow through the head as the least my co-workers would do.

Venture Bros.

Woke Up In: The Venture Bros' "Showdown at Cremation Creek"

Does it strike you as odd that the Monarch's henchmen actually prove more confident when absurdly drunk, seen here as they woke up to find they successfully overcame Brock Samson and managed to capture and imprison the entire Venture family?

My Name is Earl

Woke Up In: My Name is Earl's Pilot

You'd think waking up married to a woman like Jamie Pressly would be a win, until you realize that she's actuall six-months pregant, and only wants you for the support, as in Earl and Joy's first meeting.

Not to mention that she'll only leave you for the real father, and try to collect on all your lottery winnings for years. Don't drink and bone, kiddies!

Firefly

Woke Up In: Firefly's "Our Mrs. Reynolds"

Only the most legendary of parties would see one awaken on a space ship, married to red-headed (the only part of her that isn't natural) goddess Christina Hendricks.

It seems like it'd be a cause for celebration until she tries to kill you.

Battlestar Galactica

Woke Up In: Battlestar Galactica's "Unfinished Business"

It's the settlement of New Caprica! Everybody party!

You'd think a long-overdue respite from the Cylons, and finally getting to sleep with Katee Sackhoff would be a cause for celebration, until Lee wakes up to discover Kara's "frak everything up" reflex kicked in and she got married before the young Adama could have his coffee.

Dexter

Woke Up In: Dexter's "Remains to Be Seen"

Sure, it wasn't alcohol that gave Dexter the memory loss and splitting headache, but rather the car crash caused by sleep deprivation.

Still, no one like waking up, and having to retrace your steps to find where they stashed the hacked-up pieces of their latest corpse.

Futurama

Woke Up In: Futurama's "I, Roommate"

Funnily enough, it's the lack of alcohol that makes robots drunk, and prone to fits of insanity.

Thankfully they don't bleed either, so we were spared the unsightly mess from Bender sobering up to realize he'd Lorena Bobbitted himself to live in Fry's new apartment.

Smallville

Woke Up In: Smallville's "Fortune"

As a Chlark shipper and an avid Allison Mack fan, we wouldn't see the harm in waking up married to, and possibly having consummated Chloe Sullivan.

Still, we understand Clark's peril at having married his best friend rather than fiancee, stolen an armored car and a lemur thanks to Zatanna's spiked champagne.

Other shennanigans of this Hangover-style turn include go-go dancing, property destruction, and somehow becoming overnight singing sensations.

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Woke Up In: Star Trek: The Next Generation's "The Naked Now"

Nobody wants to face their fellow office-workers after a holiday party. Or in Tasha Yar's case, having essentially used your robotic co-worker as a sex toy while the Enterprise crew acted out their own insanities under the influence of polywater.

Parks and Recreation

Woke Up In: Parks and Recreation's "Tammy 2"

Whenever Ron gets back together with ex-wife Tammy, both sparks and the blood of the innocent will fly with a night of crazed debauchery.

Still, who among us hasn't woken up in a jail cell, wearing a kimono with our hair braided into corn-rows and mustache partially shaved? That's practically Tuesday, around here.

30 Rock

Woke Up In: 30 Rock's "Greenzo"

Drunken fistfights, slanted camera angles, Liz sexually assaulting Grizz, it's exactly the kind of debauchery you'd expect from A) a group of writers, B) people who work at NBC, and C) anywhere Alec Baldwin goes.

Family Guy

Woke Up In: Family Guy

Honestly, is there an episode of Family Guy that doesn't see either Peter, Lois, Brian or Stewie waking up in some awkward alcohol-related position, be it on the kitchen table, an alleyway, or having driven the car through the house?

We have to wonder what Seth MacFarlane does in his spare time. If he even has spare time.

Jersey Shore

Woke Up In: Jersey Shore's "Free Snooki"

Whether real or staged, no one likes sobering up from the inside of a jail cell, brought there for being beligerant on a beach.

Then of course, there's the inevitable soul-crushing realization that you are in fact, living in the Jersey Shore.

Rescue Me

Woke Up In: Rescue Me's "Blackout"

After getting drunk off a bottle of spiked booze, Tommy Gavin comes to by playing all the usual hits for an epic blackout.

Phone in the toilet, wearing women's underwear, random, beer-goggled hookups, terrified family, naughty text messages and a missing daughter. Better put on the coffee!

The Simpsons

Woke Up In: The Simpsons' "Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind"

Homer Simpson has had his fair share of binges and blackouts to be sure, but none so legendary as his quest to forget about the surprise party his wife planned, which sees him waking up buried in snow, possibly having given her a black eye the night before, and nearly throwing himself off a bridge.

Hmm. Doesn't sound so funny when you put it that way.

Mad Men

Woke Up In: Mad Men's "Waldorf Stories"

So Don Draper loses a night or two to the drink. Not the biggest deal, right? After all, this was the '60s.

Still, waking up to your ex screaming about missing time with the kids, having blacked out most of the weekend, with a diner waitress in your bed and having to hire Danny Strong for stealing his ideas? That's pretty maddening.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Woke Up In: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's "The Gang Gets Racist"

Always Sunny has its fair share of train-wreck binges and hangovers, but no one's quite prepared to wake up to one man in a wig, and another more aggressive man slapping your ass to ask how it feels.

And no, this was not the prank that Dee had attempted to set up.

Veronica Mars Loses Her Virginity

Woke Up In: Veronica Mars' Pilot

Roofies, and rape are no joke. Shame on you.

UGO