PDA

View Full Version : JR Blogs: Quality of Main Events, DVD's and More

Travicity
03-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Jim Ross posted his latest blog entry on his official website www.JrsBarBQ.com including the following highlights:

WWE Legends Roundtables: "We are getting positive feedback on the recent Legends Roundtable that airs on WWE's On Demand platform. The recent show is about Rivalries and the panel includes, for the first time, Bret Hart, along with Michael Hayes, Pat Patterson, and myself plus host Mean Gene Okerlund. Highly recommend that you check it out if you have access to On Demand services. Some regulars have told me that it's the best panel to date. That would be thanks to @BretHart."

The True Story of Wrestlemania: "When I received the rough cut of the new Wrestlemania DVD, I thought it was really slick. I wasn't sure what was or wasn't going to be changed on it so I laid low. Now that it's out and we are getting all sort of really good feedback on the new release, I assume my personal assessment wasn't far off that of the publics. I found the documentary aspect of the DVD to be exceptional as when one selects matches for a DVD of this nature there will always be room for debate. Why was this match used and this match wasn't? Nonetheless this is a really cool DVD that I think most fans will like."

Tough Enough: "Tough Enough, by all accounts, was very successful and now it will be interesting to see how the producers, etc edit the show for air. TE premiers right after Monday Night Raw the night after Wrestlemania 27. I know that Steve Austin enjoyed his experience on TE especially working with such a dedicated and talented crew."

Lack of Quality Main Events: "Experts can debate all they want about why there is a lack of quality, main event depth in the business nowadays but to me the answer is extremely simple. The death of the wrestling territories has caused significant damage to the major companies abilities to replace aging, main event level stars with younger albeit experienced stars who have a proven track record of main event success in a profitable, regional territory. Case closed. "

Ross also discusses Chris Jericho on Dancing with the Stars,. The Jeff Hardy situation, his own travel woes this week and much more.

PWI