PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Movie Cameos?

Metalitia
03-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Obviously films such as Ready To Rumble and The Wrestler feature some wrestling.

This topic though is to try and find what other films feature wrestling in when you wouldn't particularly expect it. Also who is featured? Which superstars, using the same name? Any promotions featured?

Ive got two so far.

I'll make a list in this post:

Blade 3 - Triple H
Conan The Destroyer - Andre The Giant
The Devils Rejects - DDP
DOA: Dead Or Alive - Kevin Nash
Gremlins 2 - Hulk Hogan
Highlander - The Fabulous Freebirds
Highlander: Endgame - Edge
Jingle All The Way - The Big Show
Life With Mikey - Jeff Jarrett and Jerry Lawler
The Longest Yard - Great Khali, Steve Austin, Bill Goldberg and Kevin Nash
Man On The Moon - JR and The King
The Punisher - Kevin Nash
Rocky 3 - Hulk Hogan as "Thunderlips"
Shoot 'Em Up - Christian
Spiderman - "Macho Man" Randy Savage as "BoneSaw"
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Kevin Nash
Teror Tract - Buff Bagwell
Waterboy - Big Show

The Mac
03-21-2011, 03:06 PM
idk if it counts but DDP is in the movie the devils rejects....he is one of the 2 guys the cop hires to hunt the family down

Smartmark
03-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Triple H in Blade 3
Hulk Hogan in Gremlins 2
Kevin Nash in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2; The Secret Of the Ooze
Edge in Highlander 4; The Endgame
Bill Goldberg, Sting, Rey Mysterio and DDP in Ready To Rumble
Andre The Giant in Conan 2; The Destroyer
Big Show in Jingle All The Way
Jerry Lawler and Jeff Jarret in Life With Mikey
Great Khali, Steve Austin, Bill Goldberg and Kevin Nash in The Longest Yard
Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross in Man On The Moon
Christian Cage In Shoot Em'Up
Big Show In The Waterboy

There is a buckload of Indy Wrestlers in The Wrestler

Tv-Series:

Booker T, Scott Steiner & Buff Bagwell in Charmed
Terry Funk in The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr.
Lou Albano in Super Mario Bros (As Super Mario)

The Mac
03-21-2011, 05:32 PM
also macgruber theres jericho,mvp,big show,kane, khali and i think one more
goldberg in santas slay

Swinny
03-21-2011, 08:44 PM
This thread seems to be more geared towards actual wrestling in movies, rather than wrestlers who happened to be in movies.

And one that comes to mind is Pay It Forward, although there's no actual wrestling on-screen, they are watching WCW at one point and it's referenced a couple times with the kid having a Goldberg poster on his wall and such. I'm sure there's more too, but that's the only one that comes to mind.

Kage
03-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Hulk Hogan was in that Rocky movie, don't remember which one. I know his name was Thunderlips tho lol.

Also, Vader and Jake the Snake were on the sitcom Boy Meets World :shifty:

Metalitia
03-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah was initially just wondering where wrestling was featured but can also go for wrestlers who have appeared in films too as it goes why not eh?

Swinny
03-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Hulk Hogan was in that Rocky movie, don't remember which one. I know his name was Thunderlips tho lol.

Also, Vader and Jake the Snake were on the sitcom Boy Meets World :shifty:

Lol, yeah, Vader was on there a couple times, was even the father of one of the kids on the show, lol.

And as far as sitcoms go, there was the That '70's Show episode where The Rock played his father and The Hardys and Ken Shamrock were on it too. I also think there was a wrestling episode of Malcom in the Middle, but I may just be thinking that because of the part in the intro.

Metalitia
03-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Bret Hart and Chris Benoit on the credits of Malcolm In The Middle and I remember that episode of Charmed :D

Swinny
03-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Well, if we are counting just wrestlers who were in movies, Buff Bagwell was also in the horror movie Terror Tract where he played a guy working for the pound who is killed by a monkey in a suit, lol. I'm sure there's more too and I'll post them when I think of them.

Smartmark
03-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Kevin Nash was also in DOA; Dead Or Alive

Metalitia
03-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Well, if we are counting just wrestlers who were in movies, Buff Bagwell was also in the horror movie Terror Tract where he played a guy working for the pound who is killed by a monkey in a suit, lol. I'm sure there's more too and I'll post them when I think of them.

Yeah I figure why not, NOT STARRING roles though. So Andre in The Princess Bride doesn't count nor do many of Rocks Films nor Mr nanny etc.

More just the cameos like :)

Swinny
03-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Just thought of another one DDP was in. Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror as the bodyguard/manager of a rapper/the main character in one of the stories.