PDA

View Full Version : White Not Taking Bonnar's Call After Positive Test, Herman Agrees to Treatment

Swinny
11-18-2012, 11:12 AM
White not taking Bonnar's call after positive test, Herman agrees to treatment
by Steven Marrocco on Nov 18, 2012 at 4:30 am ET

UFC President Dana White today said he hasn't spoken to Stephan Bonnar following the retired fighter's positive steroid test and doesn't want to at the moment.

"I haven't even answered his phone call," White said. "I don't hate him, but I just don't want to talk to him right now."

White also confirmed that heavyweight Dave Herman agreed to undergo a drug treatment program.

The pair of fighters tested positive for illicit substances following UFC 153, which took place Oct. 13 at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro. Bonnar tested positive for steroid Boldenone, while Herman was flagged for marijuana, the UFC announced earlier this month.

Bonnar and Herman had previously tested positive for steroids and marijuana, respectively.

The promotion subsequently announced it had suspended Bonnar one year while Herman was suspended six months and ordered to undergo a drug treatment program.

Just a few days before his positive test was revealed, Bonnar announced his retirement from the sport after an 11-year career.

Apparently, Bonnar called White to explain his side of the story but didn't get through.

"I think the thing that bums me out the most about the Bonnar thing is he didn't tell me," White said. "I offered you this fight. He wasn't planning on fighting. He said he was practicing to maybe do some pro wrestling. I've known Stephan for a long time, we have a great relationship – tell me. That's the thing that disappoints me the most."

Bonnar is one of two fighters White credits for the UFC's success. His three-round barnburner with Forrest Griffin at The Ultimate Fighter 1 Finale sealed his place as a company man, making him immune from being cut by the promotion whether he lost or won.

Bonnar also several times acted as a commentator for the now-defunct WEC and served as an MMA analyst for FOX during UFC broadcasts. White couldn't say whether the positive test might affect his future behind the mic.