View Full Version : Bellator's Charitable Jade Bryce Hopes to Feed Hungry Families on Thanksgiving

Swinny
11-23-2012, 04:47 AM
Video: Bellator's charitable Jade Bryce hopes to feed hungry families on Thanksgiving
by Steven Marrocco on Nov 22, 2012 at 10:45 am ET

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31733/video-bellators-charitable-jade-bryce-hopes-to-feed-hungry-families-on-thanksgiving.mma

No matter what her yearly income, Bellator's Jade Bryce said she donates 20 percent of her earnings to help the less fortunate.

"Every month I try to be creative in how to help people in need," she recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio.

As Thanksgiving neared, Bryce was hard at work on food boxes for hungry families. She hoped to reach her goal of 50.

As of this past week, she had 42 boxes, which contain $25 of nonperishable food items and a $25 giftcard. They were stacked in the living room of her Los Angeles apartment.

"I'm going to deliver them to families on Thanksgiving," Bryce said.

Creativity means the Bellator ring girl works with a variety of charities, though sometimes she just does things on her own. She spoke of booking a Disneyland vacation for a two-job couple with five kids.

In most cases, she looks to leverage support on Twitter for causes she feels passionately about.

One goal is to raise $1,250 that she'll match to build a drinking well in the East African country of Uganda, where she's seen starvation firsthand. Another is to raise $2,000 to sponsor a program that gives undernourished schoolchildren take-home dinners. If she matches that dollar number by next month, she can feed 80 kids through the school year.

Considering her Twitter fans' money might otherwise have been spent buying gifts for her birthday "wish list," a phenomenon Bryce said is common among models, the investment is a better one.

"I grew up with very little, and we really were blessed to have the free breakfast and lunch at school," she said. "I want to do that for the next three years."

Bryce can be found on Twitter at @thejadebryce.