PDA

View Full Version : 50 Cent Gets Quizzed By Police

OMEN
09-10-2006, 09:16 PM
http://xtramsn.co.nz/homepage2/imageLargeView/0,,6285163,00.jpeg
Rapper '50 Cent' was quizzed by cops in New York after being pulled over in a Lamborghini for a traffic offence.

Officers from New York Police Department stopped the hip hop star after he was spotted making an alleged unsafe lane change.

The 31-year-old - real name Curtis Jackson - was stopped driving the silver supercar in midtown Manhattan - just blocks from Madison Square Garden.

Police said that although he was initially handcuffed the star went voluntarily with officers to a nearby police station where he was issued with four summonses.

He was not arrested.

"An individual by the name of Curtis Jackson has been issued with four summonses as a result of traffic violations," an NYPD spokesman said.
"He has already been released.

"There were some issues over his insurance credentials, the registration for his vehicle and the status of his driving license.

"He will have a future court date."

Officers added that a date has not yet been set for the star too appear in court."

Jackson has a long history of run-ins with the law.

He was arrested for possession of crack cocaine when he was 16-years-old and given juvenile probation.

In June 1994 50 Cent was again arrested on drug charges but avoided a long jail sentence by accepting seven months at a boot camp.

The Get Rich or Die Tryin' star was raised in New York by his grandparents and never knew his father.

Jackson's mother, Sabrina, who gave birth to her son when she was just 15-years-old died in mysterious circumstances when she was 23, her son was just eight.

Jackson had his own son, Marquise, in 1997 and claims the boy pushed him to turn his life around.

He said:" I wanted to have a relationship with him that me and my father never had."

The would-be rapper was signed to Columbia Records in 1999, but in 2000 just before his debut album Power of the Dollar was released, he was shot nine times while sitting in a car.

His last arrest came in 2003 after after police found two guns inside a car parked outside a Manhattan nightclub.

Splash