PDA

View Full Version : Anna Nicole Smith's son dies in Bahamas

Kellie
09-12-2006, 04:14 AM
Anna Nicole Smith's son dies in Bahamas
Tuesday Sep 12 06:24 AEST

AP - The 20-year-old son of Anna Nicole Smith has been found dead in the Bahamas, where the former reality TV star and Playboy playmate gave birth to a baby girl days earlier.

Authorities had not determined what caused the death of Daniel Smith, whose body was found on Sunday morning, said Robin Bonnema, a spokeswoman for Trimspa, the diet products company endorsed by Smith.

Bonnema had no other details, and calls to Smith's lawyer, Howard Stern of Santa Monica, California, were not immediately returned.

A statement on Smith's website said her son died suddenly.

"We have yet to learn the cause of death but do not believe that drugs or alcohol were a factor," it said. "Anna Nicole is absolutely devastated by the loss of her son. He was her pride and joy and an amazing human being."

Walter Evans, a spokesman for the Royal Bahamian Police Force, would say only that the son of an undisclosed celebrity had been found in a room of the private Doctor's Hospital in Nassau.

Smith, 38, gave birth to a healthy 4.25 kg girl at the hospital on Thursday, her website said.

Her son had travelled to the Caribbean country "to share in the joy of his baby sister", the statement said. "Please do not make any press inquiries at this time so that Anna Nicole can grieve in peace."

Smith married Texas oil tycoon J Howard Marshall II in 1994, when she was 26 and he was 89. He died the following year. Since then, she has feuded with Marshall's son, Pierce Marshall, over her entitlement to the tycoon's estate.

Bonnema said she did not know the name of Daniel Smith's father or that of the baby girl.

©AAP 2006

I suppose we have to wait for the cause of death ... R.I.P

*Update*

Son died by Anna Nicole Smith's side
Tuesday Sep 12 13:00 AEST

Anna Nicole Smith desperately tried to revive her son after she found him slumped in a chair in her hospital room, according to Bahamian newspapers.

Daniel Smith had come to visit the fomer model at a private hospital in the Bahamas late on Saturday night, following the birth of her daughter.

It is believed that the 20-year-old decided to spend the night in the same room as his mother and newborn sister when he suffered what is believed to be a massive heart attack.

The former playmate, 38, woke up the following morning to find him slumped on a chair beside the bed - and was unable to wake him. Resuscitation attempts proved fruitless.

Smith is said to be "devastated" and "traumatised" by the death of her only son, just three days after delivering a healthy baby girl by Caesarean section on Thursday.

Reginald Ferguson, Assistant Commissioner of the Royal Bahamas Police Force, said: “The deceased, who had been visiting in the hospital, was supposedly asleep in he chair in the room and didn't seem to wake up.

"The patient tried to raise him and didn't get any response, so the doctors were called to check him and he was subsequently pronounced dead."

He said they were currently awaiting the results from a post-mortem to determine the cause of death.

Speaking of any possibility of drugs or alcohol being involved in the death, he said: "I don't have any information which suggests any of those things.

But he added: "It's a matter that's being investigated and we have not closed the door as such on anything.

"We are waiting the report from the pathologist to help us conclude what the cause of death was.

"The preliminary investigation showed there were no visible injuries to the body, no sign of any violence in that room of any nature – nothing there to suggest what may be the cause of death."

The Assistant Commissioner added that Smith had yet to be interviewed due to her physical and psychological conditions.

He said: "This is her son who was in her room in the hospital – I would imagine that would be pretty traumatic."

A spokesperson at the hospital refused to comment on the death.

Smith's attorney, Howard K Stern, said: "Anna Nicole is absolutely devastated by the loss of her son. He was her pride and joy and an amazing human being."

Since being named Playboy's Playmate of the Year in 1993, the former Vicki Lynn Hogan from Mexia, Texas, has never been far from the public spotlight. In 1994, she married wheelchair-bound oil tycoon J Marshall Howard II, 89, after meeting him at a strip club.

His death, after 14 months of marriage, triggered a legal battle over his estate between Smith and his son, E Pierce Marshall. Earlier this year, she won a US Supreme Court decision giving her another chance to collect up to $1 billion. Pierce Marshall died in June at age 67. His family have vowed to continue the fight against Smith's bid for a slice of the family fortune in his memory.

©AAP 2006

OMEN
09-12-2006, 08:01 AM
It's always difficult for any parent to loose their child,But i think it's going to be even harder for Anna Nicole Smith as she sadly still has the mind of a child and also how the hell is she going to cope with caring for the brand new babby whilst going through all this pain...

Kaz
09-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Man thats kinda sad... That guy was only the same age as me!!

I thought that she was like 20 herself! Didn't even know she had a kid.

The Hammer
09-12-2006, 05:19 PM
That is horrible. I hope she has someone to turn too.