PDA

View Full Version : John McAfee brings his 'Where's Waldo' act to Portland

LionDen
01-12-2013, 03:42 PM
http://asset3.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/12/12/121212-mcafee01_610x458.jpg
John McAfee, shown here on December 12, was released from detention in Guatemala and deported to the U.S.
(Credit: CBS News)

Last time we checked, John McAfee was on the lam from, well, whoever it was that he said was after him in Belize. But the former software mogul, who was deported to the United States after fleeing to Guatemala, has decided to pitch his tent in Portland, Ore., for a while. (Assuming, of course, that he's not yanking the media's chain for kicks and giggles.)

Willamette Week snagged an interview this week with McAfee, who said he was "looking for a home here and plans to live in Portland for the next year and a half while he collaborates with local artist Chad Essley on a graphic novel about his life."

"I like the weather. I don't like the sun," he told his interviewer. "This is perfect. I've got enough sun for a while. I had five years of everyday sunny...Nothing wrong with rain, rain is good...it cleans the streets. It makes for a new ambiance, a little bit darker. I'm in a darker mood these days."

In November, police in Belize searched for McAfee, one of the pioneers of antivirus software, for questioning about the murder of his neighbor, American expat Gregory Faull. That began a monthlong case of hide-and-seek as McAfee went on the lam from the authorities, all the while telling his story to a transfixed media that he was being wrongfully persecuted by officials in Belize and that he feared for his life if he was arrested.

cnet.com