PDA

View Full Version : WWE superstars draw fans to Citizens Business Bank Arena

Black Widow
01-20-2013, 02:44 AM
ONTARIO - Championships will be on the line Saturday when the superstars of the WWE slam into the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario.

CM Punk, John Cena, Ryback and Dolph Ziggler will face off in a Fatal Four Way Match for the WWE Championship, while newly crowned Divas Champion Kaitlyn also will be in action in a title match.

The United States Championship will be up for grabs when Antonio Cesaro faces off with The Miz.

Since coming on board with the WWE, Cesaro has made a name for himself on his path to become the current United States Champion.

Hailing from Switzerland, the 6-foot-5, 232-pound superstar has faced off against some of the WWE's biggest superstars leading up to his title win during

the 2012 SummerSlam Pre-show when he ended Santino Marella's five-month reign.

Before joining the WWE, Cesaro was a force to be reckoned with on the rugby field when he excelled career-wise on several European teams before he was banned from the league for "excessive aggression."

Using skills learned on the field, Cesaro began working toward a career in professional wrestling, eventually building himself a path that led to the WWE.

And he hasn't looked back.

"I was very excited (to win the United States Championship) because I set my goals and worked really hard for it," he said. "I wanted the championship to show everybody that the `American Dream' is hard work - you have to work your way up to be very
very successful, but that's what I did."

Since winning the title, Cesaro has been on the receiving end of criticism from fans of the WWE Universe who feel the Swiss-born superstar should not hold a title that signifies the United States.

The criticism doesn't bother him one bit, Cesaro said, adding that he has challenged many superstars to beat him in the ring, and they all have failed.

"I don't think there's any American who can beat me. I'm the greatest United States Champion in history," he said.

Cesaro added that he has no fear when it comes to other superstars waiting in the shadows to take his title.

"I have respect for the other superstars ... but I wouldn't say I fear anybody. Fear is what holds you back," he said. "Right now, my focus and goal is on the United States Championship, to defend (it) well, and to prove my point that nobody can beat me. The Royal Rumble is coming, and I have my eye on that as well."

Saturday's live event will be the first time Cesaro will step foot in the Ontario area, and he is already looking forward to it.

"I'm excited to go to new cities and show Americans across the country how a true champion looks, and I'm always happy to defend (my title)," he said. "(Fans) can definitely expect a great show. If they watch it on TV, they should watch it live. It's a great experience for the whole family, and I think you have to see the WWE live.

"The event is going to be great," he continued. "You can expect me to make an example out of The Miz. It's going to be a hard fight. I just don't like his attitude. He represents all that's wrong with America."

To learn more about the WWE and Cesaro, visit www.wwe.com.

Daily Bulletin