PDA

View Full Version : Wahlberg and Bieber to Film Basketball Movie Next Year Read more: http://www.

LionDen
01-24-2013, 03:53 PM
It's been a while since we last heard about Mark Wahlberg wanting to team up with Justin Bieber for a basketball movie. Now, in a new interview, Wahlberg confirmed that it will happen and will likely begin shooting next year.

"We were at Paramount pitching a different movie and I said, 'What do you think about me and Justin Bieber in a like 'Color of Money'-type of basketball, street hustler movie?' They bought it in the room in five seconds," said Wahlberg. "So we developed the script, the studio loves it, [Bieber's] camp loves it."

Because both Wahlberg and Bieber are currently busy, production won't be able to begin until 2014. "He's touring and I'm doing 'Transformers,' 'Ted 2' and another movie, so we will probably do it next year," he continued. "If I don't do it, we will do it with him and someone else and I'll produce it."

Regarding the story, Wahlberg revealed: "I'm the hustler and he's the kid I have to reluctantly mentor because he's a very good basketball player. We got the idea when we saw him playing basketball in a celebrity [game]. I play a lot of basketball, so we thought it would make for an interesting movie."

worstpreviews