PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Blogs on WWE Championship Match

Konan
01-25-2013, 01:57 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross published a new blog which covers an in-depth prediction for The Rock vs. CM Punk WWE Championship match for this Sunday's Royal Rumble pay-per-view. Here is an excerpt from the blog.

I am most excited about the @CMPunk vs. @The Rock WWE Title bout than I am any other attraction of what will be a star laden card this Sunday in Phoenix on PPV at the Royal Rumble.

WWE Champion Punk is considered by some to have a chip on his shoulder. He's paid his dues many times over in the indie circuit in small venues for low pay time and again. But now he's made it and he won't leave it without a fight. Even in the world of sports entertainment for any one to think that there is a lack of legit physicality in a match with so much emotion riding on it it for a variety of reasons, some spoken and some simply left alone, is naive.

I expect to see Punk's stiff, Muay Tai kicks strike Rock in a multitude of positions and certainly multiple times over the course of the contest. There is no may that a part time wrestler, full time actor can prepare for such a circumstance other than to suck it up and endure it. Rock has never been known as one to back away from physicality.

Punk will push Rock much farther than did @JohnCena did last year at WM28 in Miami because Punk and Cena are different breeds of cat. Punk is the champion who's backed into the proverbial corner where champions are at their most dangerous.

Rock is the amazing star that has come home to once again attempt to live his family business dream and to respect is DNA and amazing genetics while becoming a multiple time WWE Champion.

That could well happen but it won't be pretty. This isn't going to be a smooth, wrestling classic. I see a fight occurring. I see both men testing each other's resolve. I see the established mega star (Rock) being pushed to his outer limits by the over achieving former indy wrestler who has perfected is craft to become the #1 man in the #1 company of its kind in the world.

Wins and losses Sunday won't come easy.

Punk is in ring shape that only being in the ring can allow one to achieve. Rock looks like $10M but there is no way humanly possible that he can be in tip top in ring condition. Where has he had the time to achieve such?

At the end of the day, I expect one major error to cost Punk the WWE Title. Rock will walk out of Phoenix a battled and bruised man but the new WWE Champion, however, I expect CM Punk to leave Phoenix as the star of the show.

This match has the potential to be one of the more controversial bouts that we've seen in WWE in years.

Again, this is merely one fans's opinion who will be thoroughly enjoying this PPV from my home in Norman .

I will say that stylistically and from a match structure standpoint that the Punk vs. Rock bout Sunday is the most legitimately intriguing bout that I can recall anticipating in years. That's a fact.