PDA

View Full Version : HBO's 'Real Sports' spotlights UFC champ Ronda Rousey on Feb. 19

Konan
01-27-2013, 01:17 PM
http://www.mmajunkie.com/files/thumb/55664/0

HBO's award-winning "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" will spotlight UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey ahead of next month's UFC 157 headliner.

HBO's sports newsmagazine show will air a feature on the 25-year-old fighter on Feb. 19 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

Four days later, Rousey (6-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) becomes the UFC's first female fighter and headliner when she meets title challenger Liz Carmouche (7-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) on pay-per-view at UFC 157, which takes place Feb. 23 at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

It's the latest mainstream-media appearance for Rousey, a Olympic medalist who's quickly become the most prominent female fighter in MMA. The "Real Sports" feature is expected to focus heavily on the quick rise that's been aided by her good looks and fan/media interaction.

"I probably get more attention fighting because of how I look, but if I didn't how to fight and just looked the way I do, no one would know who I am," she said in a preview clip of the episode.

"Real Sports" debuted in 1995 and is currently in its 19th season. It's one of the most critically acclaimed programs of its genre and has won numerous awards for its investigative and enterprise reporting.