PDA

View Full Version : Kate Upton says she's single; Verlander plays along

LG
02-15-2013, 02:55 AM
If Kate Upton and Justin Verlander are dating, they don't want you to know about it. And that makes sense, because why would a gorgeous swimsuit model and a handsome Cy Young Award-winning pitcher want anything to do with each other?

In an interview with FOX 2 Detroit on Thursday, Upton clammed up when reporter Jason Carr asked a lengthy and leading question about her "boyfriend Justin Verlander" and if "there are any plans for any nuptials," making for an intense moment of beautiful awkwardness. "Actually, I'm single right now," she said, "so I spent my [Valentine's Day] in Melbourne, Fla."

Perhaps in response to - or playing along with - Upton's blast on Detroit's morning news, Verlander tweeted the following Thursday evening:

Happy Valentine's Day ladies
Hmm.

Thus far, the only confirmation of any romance between the pair came from Verlander's grandfather, who said in October that he "heard he has been on dates with a Sports Illustrated girl," and added that the Tigers' ace is "a good looking man, too." And in all seriousness, it's hard to figure how it would benefit Upton or Verlander to publicize their relationship – besides the obvious bragging rights on both accounts.

usatoday