PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton: Why He Won’t Be Pushed Or Turned Heel Anytime Soon

LG
02-26-2013, 06:04 AM
Orton is one of the most accomplished active WWE Superstars on the roster today, but since becoming a top babyface, Orton has been much less successful.
Many WWE fans are waiting and hoping for Randy Orton to turn heel. In fact, reports say Orton would also like to a change in character. However, I believe this will not happen anytime soon. In addition, Orton will most likely not be a World Champion anytime soon.
Why?
Good question.
Let’s begin with why he won’t be pushed. It shouldn’t come as a surprise, but one can blame the number of suspensions suffered by Orton. When you force WWE to write you off television multiple times, there are consequences. Orton’s most recent suspension came in May of 2012 when he had to sit out for 60 days.
Prior to that, when Orton was drafted from Raw to Smackdown in 2011, he immediately won the World Heavyweight title. He was going to carry the blue brand, while John Cena carried the red brand. Ever since the suspensions, Orton has lost countless number one contender matches. He was also the final superstar to be eliminated in the chamber match, won by Jack Swagger.

WWE cannot push a superstar they cannot trust. Normally, WWE would have possibly fired Randy Orton after his second suspension. However, Orton’s popularity and main event level probably played a part in them keeping him employed. There is a huge difference in Umaga or Evan Bourne getting suspended versus Randy Orton. In addition to John Cena, Orton is probably the only one who can get away with two suspensions.
Randy Orton’s popularity will help him keep his job, but it will also prevent him from turning into the top heel he was in 2009.
One of the main reasons why WWE has yet to turn John Cena heel is due to his popularity among the WWE Universe, especially the children. It wouldn’t be surprising to hear that younger audience members are also bigger fans of Randy Orton as opposed to older fans.
WWE is filled with heels ready to step up to the main event – Wade Barrett, Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes, Antonio Cesaro and the list goes on.
But what midcard babyfaces are in a similar position?
Just as I discussed in my article about John Cena being the stalest superstar in WWE, there isn’t anyone to take Orton’s place as the number two babyface. WWE tried to accomplish this with Sheamus, but the crowd just wasn’t as behind him as they are with Orton.

Without anyone to take his place, in addition to his level of popularity, Randy Orton will continue his own stale run as a top babyface in WWE. Plus, don’t bet on a push to the main event either. WWE has lost trust in Orton. He will have to settle for upper midcard matches and failed attempts at World Title opportunities.
What do you think? Will Randy Orton get a push anytime soon? A heel turn? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.

wnz

Kage
02-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Fine by me honestly. There's more deserving guys who should be at the top