PDA

View Full Version : Olympic medalist Sara McMann vs. Sheila Gaff joins UFC 159 lineup

Konan
03-02-2013, 09:01 AM
The UFC has its third women's bout as Olympian Sara McMann (6-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and fellow bantamweight Sheila Gaff (10-4-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) have agreed to meet in April at UFC 159.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed the planned matchup, which groundandpound.de initially reported.

UFC 159 takes place April 27 at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. The main card, including a headliner between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen, airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

It's not clear if McMann vs. Gaff will be part of the main card.

Like current champ Ronda Rousey, McMann owns an Olympic medal. Before launching her MMA career, she represented the U.S. and picked up a silver medal in wrestling at the 2004 Summer Olympics. The 32-year-old moved to MMA in 2011, and she's since won all six of her pro bouts, including three via stoppage. Most recently, she scored a decision victory over Shayna Baszler at Invicta FC 2.

Gaff, a 23-year-old German fighter, carries a three-fight win streak into her UFC debut. All of the wins have come via knockout, including recent Cage Warriors victories over Aisling Daly and Jennifer Maia. In fact, all of her pro wins come via stoppage, which includes six knockouts and four submissions. She'll fight for the first time in 13 months.

The latest UFC 159 card includes:

Champ Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen - for light-heavyweight title
Alan Belcher vs. Michael Bisping
Phil Davis vs. Vinny Magalhaes
Pat Healy vs. Jim Miller
Cheick Kongo vs. Roy Nelson
Sheila Gaff vs. Sara McMann
Nick Catone vs. James Head
Jimy Hettes vs. Steven Siler
Al Iaquinta vs. Joe Proctor
Ovince St. Preux vs. Gian Villante
Rustam Khabilov vs. Yancy Medeiros

LionDen
03-02-2013, 09:52 AM
I actually want to see this fight between the two ladies :) Thank you Konan.

Konan
03-02-2013, 10:52 AM
I actually want to see this fight between the two ladies :) Thank you Konan.

anyone could of put on a better show then those 2 goombas last Saturday night. Im not against WMMA and enjoy all fights I iust didnt want any chicks on this card.

LionDen
03-02-2013, 11:07 AM
lol I understand :)