PDA

View Full Version : Notes from Impact this week

LionDen
03-15-2013, 05:12 PM
When tickets first went on sale they were not selling anything in the upper deck of the building, but last night there was a decent amount of people sitting there so they must have done well attendance wise. The building itself only has seating on 3 sides, normally there is always a stage to block off one side anyway, but Sears Center only has 3 sides and holds a touch over 11K.

I thought the crowd was lively throughout most of the show but as to be expected in the 2nd taping the crowd was burned out unless there was a big move or a big star coming out. It didn't seem like everyone knew about the 2nd taping, but Christy did announce after the closing angle on the first show that there were still more matches to come. Also, I understand the reasons why they do it but, I think they burn out the crowd with all the contests to find the loudest fans to take backstage before the show and during TV breaks. It felt like everyone was all screamed out by the 2nd taping.

Not sure how the audio came across on tv but Bully and A&8's got a sizable pop when they came out to start the first taping. Chicago always is a heel town it seems but I think some of this was an ECW crowd and that contributed to the pop for Bully. But, he did a good job turning the crowd against him and the A&8's as the show went on. Looked like Atlas Security was also there making sure there was no trouble when the A&8's went back through their entrance. Seemed like Bully was getting in the faces of several fans when he was coming and going.

When they brought out the announcers to start the taping Taz got a big pop and an ECW chant, unreal it's 2013.

The crowd didn't seem to like Brooke when she was discussed by others but when she came out during the 2nd taping they cheered her. Seems like if it was Knockout related the crowd was cool with her, but if it was Hulk/Bully related they liked seeing her get humiliated. Perhaps it was just Chicago though lol.

As others said they didn't really show much backstage videos on the big screen.

Before the show began Dixie did come out and thanked us for coming and said she knew Chicago was the right place to kick off this on the road series.

I'm not sure if it made air or this was during the tv break but fans did start to throw items at A&8's during the segment where they were in the ring calling out Hogan before the 1st show closed. It seemed like one of the floor directors was making a motion with her arms that they wanted people to throw items, but it could have been her trying to lead the crowd to boo or start a chant against Bully.

The show was fun live and hopefully it came across good on TV an that they can come back for a PPV or another taping later.

pwinsider