PDA

View Full Version : WWE Championship situation in January

Reinheimer
02-02-2006, 01:45 PM
First things first. I'm no Cena hater. I don't believe in hating a guy just because he's not the best wrestler around. But this is one decision which I am disapointed, or more suprised to see the WWE do this. Cena was basically a man on his own as a character the night after he lost the WWE Championship to Edge. He came out and gave the speach about the fans not liking him and stuff like that. And let me say this again. This was the night after he had lost the WWE Championship which he did hold for about 9 months. Now thats all good. I really respect that. It does show alot of class.

But heres the thing which really suprises me. After saying all of that stuff. What did you think was actually going to happen next. I thought that he was just going to change abit. Keep the title away from him for him to rebuild his character. Get his fan base back up and running. And maybe even see a heel turn. Of course, that didn't happen did it. Only 3 weeks after New Years Revolution, John Cena regains the WWE Championship from Edge. One problem with that is as a champ. John Cena wasn't the most popular guy around. Sure he had alot of fans, but there were alot of people who didn't like him. Cena addresses that on TV. And it was after 9 months.

Now is this really a good move?

No it's not. I don't know what buisness Vinnie Mac thinks he's running here, but this is the biggest wrestling company possible in the world today. This isn't just some indi company where it's good to experiment some things. Like i've said. Cena wasn't a popular guy. He was losing fans by the show. So they take the championship off him. That is of course a good move. WWE don't want a stale champion. They need a champion who can entertain their fans. Edge was no champion the fans liked either. But he could put on some great segments. On the past few Raw's he's been great. He was even wrestling the IC Champion in a TLC match just a few weeks after he won the title. At that point I couldn't see any reason for him to drop the title. Then he drops the title to Cena in a match at the Royal Rumble. Did Edge have a good title reign? No. Was Cena ready to win it back? No.

What came of this title change?

Nothing good came of this. There was no point of this title change at all. Cena and Edge hadn't even been fueding. You can't even say the two have been fueding for a month yet. But two things you could say you were expecting to come of this are these.

1) Cena dropped the championship
2) Edge became WWE Champion

I have already discussed why Cena dropping the championship had to happen, but now about Edge becoming champion. This was something, which was always going to happen. He won the Money In The Bank ladder match last year. The winner got a garrenteed World Championship shot in the next year. The year was almost up and Edge still had that contract. He would remind everyone about it. He was Mr Money In the Bank. Now how do you keep a gimmick like that going and not expect anything to happen in the end? Well fortunatly in this case Edge did indeed become the WWE Champion for the first time in his career. But wow. What a crappy little title reign he had for something which was supose to be quite special. Four weeks tops possibly. And he waited about 9 months to use it. I'm only praying they keep him in title contention. I'm sure they will, but still. A first title reign shouldn't be anything like the one Edge had.

As an overview of everything I have just said. Obviously, I think this was just horrible. The ending more so. To me, Cena dropped that belt so the fans didn't have to see him as champion for a while. For him to build his fan base up. Get his character over again. Didn't excatly happen. Looks like Edge only won the title because he had the money in the bank. And he didn't have much time left to use it. So nothing came of this at all. Nothing YET anyway. Who knows what will happen in weeks to come. But whatever it is. I can't see it setting up Cena vs. Edge at Wrestlemania. Which should be what this fued is all about.

Feel free to discuss. What are your views on this whole situation. That being John Cena dropping the title to Edge, then winning it back a few weeks later. I really want to know how other people feel about this. I feeling quite ripped off over it. I expected alot more then this from the WWE.

HOC-hater of cena
02-02-2006, 05:57 PM
to me this whole cena thing sucks he is a crappy wrestler and i think either edge should get it or have a trade with smackdown to get someone. Either that or give the damn belt back to HHH He is one of the better wrestlers on the show anyway

The Major
02-02-2006, 06:15 PM
to me this whole cena thing sucks he is a crappy wrestler and i think either edge should get it or have a trade with smackdown to get someone. Either that or give the damn belt back to HHH He is one of the better wrestlers on the show anyway

wait there man, rumors have been said that rey rey will face cena for his gold at wrrstlemania whilst the deadman takes on kurt

Reinheimer
02-04-2006, 05:44 AM
wait there man, rumors have been said that rey rey will face cena for his gold at wrrstlemania whilst the deadman takes on kurt

And what are your opinions about the actual topic. What is your view on the whole January WWE Championship situation?

akroma45
02-04-2006, 08:56 AM
I think Edge should have had a longer title reign.....

King Placebo
02-05-2006, 12:32 AM
This is what i think should happened.
Cena loses the title to Edge at new years revolution because of Edge banking in his money in the bank.
Next night on raw he comes back and Asks for a Rematch and Edge gives it to him at the rumble, but instead of cena winning, have Edge win and have someone Screw cena out of it to get him out of the title picture for awhile, Then have him fued with that person for awhile, Then have HHH win that tournament on raw, but somehow Cena gets back in the title picture and it is made a triple threat match. Edge (c) vs cena vs HHH with HHH winning and That way Cena would be out of the title picture completely and Edge would of had a Lengthy reign, but of course that didnt happen because of how stupid the WWE Writers are.

†† Reaper ††
02-06-2006, 02:47 AM
Yea the wwe writers have been a bit slack and silly over the past few months and i think that they have slowy started to get there act together a bit. But as for this hole situation i think they should have gt edge to lose the title to Ric Flair in that TLC match rather than Cena at RR and set up a Flair, HHH Feud at mania for the title snd a wwe contract and then that would be Flairs last bit of Glory before leaving to be the GM but hey my imaginination just ran wild for a moment there but it wouldnt have been bad to see lol

Austinfan4Life
02-06-2006, 04:48 AM
John Cena was losing his touch. He wasn't doing too many entertaining raps. And was losing fans. WWE then went with Edge to be new Champion. Edge's first Night as WWE Champion on RAW garnerd the highest rating in over a year with a wopping 5.0 high point. Higher than Batista's contract signing with HHH. So you see this was a good move. I do believe that Edge was robbed of super stardom. Cause WWE had to show Cena was week and thats the only way Edge defeated the Strong Champion. Future for the belt obviously has HHH's name printed in the spot one more time.. But after that its not very clear.. could RVD get a shot.. Edge?.. Who knows. But WWE should of kept Edge Champion.

Mr Mando
02-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Cena is Boring...But He Rulezzz

tg01291980
02-06-2006, 09:57 PM
rumor has it that HHH made the call to give the belt back to cena so he could set himself up for a match at wrestlemania. if that's true then the backstage politicing has gotten out of hand. edge was doing a good job as champ and was really getting himself over. he really resembled and old school heel. too bad H cubed is married to the bosses daughter and can write his own storylines or i really think we would have seen edge flourish in his role as a heel champ. oh well , i guess we'll just have to wait and see