PDA

View Full Version : Why Dolph Ziggler Cashing in at WrestleMania 29 Would Be a Big Mistake

LG
03-25-2013, 01:38 AM
If I had a dollar for every time I've been asked if Dolph Ziggler is going to cash in and win the World title at WrestleMania 29―I'd have some serious money in the bank. I'd have money, and I'd be disappointing everyone by saying NO.

I say no, and Ziggler should hope so as well.

Come on folks, do you really want Ziggler to cash in at WrestleMania? During the same show that The Rock is walking in with the WWE title against John Cena. In the same show The Undertaker is defending his streak against CM Punk. The same show that Brock Lesnar is returning to WrestleMania after a decade and fighting Triple H. The same show that in recent years starts the show off with the World Heavyweight Championship storyline.

By the time the four hours are over, Ziggler's title win isn't the most important event of the night. It isn't even in the top three. Maybe to you it is, but WWE is booking to the casual fan and catering to the big-money stars. It will make the main event names mentioned earlier the focus of WrestleMania.

I'm not saying I agree with that completely, but that's reality. Ziggler deserves to have his moment be the big deal, and at WrestleMania it just won't be.

If Ziggler is going to cash in around WrestleMania, it needs to be the days after. He can win the tag titles at WrestleMania with Big E Langston, and then he captures the World title. It makes it a big week for Ziggler that can stand out because it isn't rushed to prominence in an already-crowded WrestleMania show.

Otherwise, I stand by my suggestion I've had since the early fall, which has been to have him hold the briefcase right up to the final days of the 365-day stipulation in cashing in for a World title which will expire in July.

Put a countdown clock on WWE.com when we get inside of two weeks until it expires. WWE has that clause in the Money in the Bank gimmick, but it has never really made it a relevant part of the storyline. Do it now.

It's either the week after WrestleMania or hold onto the briefcase until July. It can't be at WrestleMania. That's a party he just isn't on the VIP list for yet.

bleacher report

bigdaddybaughman
03-25-2013, 02:04 AM
Dolph should be the first to cash and loss the match not just not win the title.

LG
03-25-2013, 02:18 AM
Dolph should be the first to cash and loss the match not just not win the title.

John Cena was the first to cash in and lose.