PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk: ‘I Don’t Want To Be A ‘Lifer’ In Wrestling’

LG
03-27-2013, 09:17 PM
Credit: 1059thex.com

CM Punk recently spoke about being a lifer in pro wrestling and more. Here are the highlights…

Has he inspired change since demanding it in 2011: “You have me going out there and saying I want the WWE to change … I did that as a good guy. To this day, there are still people so f*cking pissed off that I didn’t get them ice cream bars … I don’t know what they thought was going to happen, but we really got them on that. It’s a TV show, first and foremost.”

The difficulty trying to make his feuds and matches unpredictable: “It’s damn near impossible to achieve, but it’s always the goal. Wrestling is no fun when you always know who’s going to win – it’s like watching a blow-out football game.”

Does it suck to be out there every week?: “If I didn’t want to be there every week, I wouldn’t be there every week. Miz will go out there and say ‘it’s great having these (part timers) back’ because I honestly believe he thinks he has to say that … They don’t work as hard, and they make just as much money. But it makes me work harder though – and god dammit that’s gonna burn me out.”

Will CM Punk be a “lifer” in pro wrestling?: “I don’t want to be a ‘lifer’ – I don’t want to do anything. But I get bored easy, so what’s the next hill to climb, and what’s the next mountain to climb?”

Kage
03-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Wonder what Punk will do next after he retires? Him as a booker would be cool.

LionDen
03-28-2013, 10:09 AM
He tells at it is, good interview.

Will CM Punk be a “lifer” in pro wrestling?: “I don’t want to be a ‘lifer’ – I don’t want to do anything. But I get bored easy, so what’s the next hill to climb, and what’s the next mountain to climb?”

Not as if he going to be a actor or model or something after wrestling lol He will stay while the pay check continues. Then maybe move into backstage but who knows, he be real rich by that time.

The difficulty trying to make his feuds and matches unpredictable: “It’s damn near impossible to achieve, but it’s always the goal. Wrestling is no fun when you always know who’s going to win – it’s like watching a blow-out football game.”

Damn wrestling forums and websites, they should all go to hell :shifty: ... oh and bad creative writers in WWE lol