PDA

View Full Version : John Mayer confirms breakup with Katy Perry

ClayMation
04-02-2013, 05:52 PM
John Mayer confirmed his split with Katy Perry during an interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, though kept the specifics of their breakup under wraps: "It was a very private relationship going in," Mayer said. "It was a private relationship during, and it's a private relationship still."

Perry and Mayer called it quits for a second time a few weeks back, with sources saying each was focused on work – Perry on her new album; Mayer on his first major tour following throat surgery – though they added that a reunion was possible.

"I can understand asking the question based on some previous answers I have given, but I have finally learned how to put the wall between one thing and the other," Mayer told DeGeneres. "I've been much happier since then. I'm on the same journey as everyone else. Coupling is a tricky thing. It's a tricky thing. I want everyone to be happy."

Mayer also discussed his recent health issues and how drinking affected the granuloma in his throat, which forced him to undergo surgery and kept him off stage: "It's just like applying poison to your body. It's like applying a shellac of poison. It's just delicious, wonderful poison that makes you not care how late you're out 'til or where you're going. I had to really say, 'I like singing and writing more than I like delicious scotch.' I had to really dial it down. And I'm a little more boring now."

Now that he is on the mend, Mayer is set to embark on a massive tour – his first in three years – that will take him through North and South America this summer all the way through the fall.

- Rolling Stone

LionDen
04-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Until they get back together lol