PDA

View Full Version : 'Ninja Turtles': Will Arnett Signs on to Michael Bay Production

ClayMation
04-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Will Arnett has signed on the dotted line to join the new “Ninja Turtles” film, but who he’ll be playing is still a mystery. Megan Fox is slated for the role of April O’Neil, journalist and friend to pizza-loving turtles everywhere, alongside “Catching Fire” tribute Alan Ritchson who has been cast as Raphael. The other Turtles have also been cast, so what’s left for Arnett?

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Arnett will not be playing the Turtles’ weird human sidekick Casey Jones, which rules out any smoldering scenes with Fox’s O’Neil, sadly. That leaves two major characters in the TMNT universe, the gnarly, armor-clad Shredder and the wise master Splinter, a rat. Since the film is a combination of motion capture and live action, it seems likely that Shredder will be a regular old human and Splinter some sort of animated creature. How likely is it that Arnett would take on the role that could require a bunch of turtle butt-kicking?

It’s pretty safe to say that Arnett’s strengths lie in comedy and voice acting, which would make him a good fit for Splinter. The comic actor is no stranger to voice acting, with credits ranging from the English-language dub of “The Secret World of Arrietty” to “Despicable Me,” “Monsters vs. Aliens,” and “Ratatouille,” and the upcoming films “The Nut Job” and “The Lego Movie.” You know, that one about the Lego toys.

Besides ongoing stints on “30 Rock” and “Arrested Development,” Arnett has been co-starring in the sitcom “Up All Night.” And, of course, there’s the ballyhooed new season of “Arrested Development” coming to Netflix, which will probably relieve all the sitcom stars who have been fielding questions about the stalled film project for years.

Will this raise Arnett’s profile, or will this Michael Bay production continue his streak of mediocre films? Sit back, grab a slice of pizza, and get ready to find out in June of 2014.

-Moviefone

honestly, I hate that this movie is still being made. It's a total abortion of my childhood.