PDA

View Full Version : *Updated* Early Wrestlemania 29 AXXESS notes (Thursday evening 4th Apr, 2013)

LionDen
04-05-2013, 11:53 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img849/7695/uowaxxess.jpg

WWE held the first Wrestlemania AXXESS Session Thursday evening at the IZOD Center.

Legends brought in to sign were Jimmy Snuka, Howard Finkel, Pat Patterson, Jimmy Hart, Dusty Rhodes, Ron Simmons, Jimmy Snuka, Diamond Dallas Page and Ricky Steamboat.

Current WWE talents who signed were Antonio Cesaro, Sin Cara, Epico, Primo, Camacho, Hunico, Vickie Guerrero, Brad Maddox, mark Henry, Alex Riley, Great Khali, Teddy Long and AJ Lee.

CM Punk and The Undertaker signed for VIP Ticketholders.

Rosa Mendes, The Prime Time Players, 3MB and The Usos took part in photo sessions with fans.

The lone complaint we've heard is that the set-up in the Arena forces fans to wait far longer than they traditionally had to in order to get autographs. Unlike the past where they had stations set up with winding lines that went back and forth (as you would see in amusement parks), due to the IZOD Center's space, fans are lining up in sections of the Arena's permanent seating and being brought up, row by row, to the talent, stationed at the top of that section. One person, who's attended AXXESS in the past, said that in the time it used to take him to get 4-5 talents' signatures in the past, he only was able to get through two lines for autographs.

The flipside to the waiting was that while you were in the seats, fans could watch WWE NXT matches that were taking place inside the IZOD Center. So, while the wait was longer, you could watch some live wrestling.

pwinsider

UPDATED:

Fans that were hoping to get the Raw background for the stage will find out that they have Raw, Smackdown, Main Event, Saturday Morning Slam and Superstars rotating randomly. And don't get to choose which one they want.

* Fans asked Ryback about Goldberg. Ryback said that he would love to face Goldberg if he had the guts to show up. He also said that unlike Goldberg, he loves this sport with a passion and won't walk away like Goldberg did.

* Damien Sandow interrupted The Prime Time Player's photo shoot with fans. The PTP ended up chasing Sandow away, you can check out a photo of it below:

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/5978/uowaxxess01.jpg

UPDATED:

I attended day one of WWE Axxess, figured I'd pass along a few notes for your site.

-The Andre The Giant statue looks great in person, everyone stopped to take pictures with it.

-Good mix of legends and current superstars (DDP, Ricky Steamboat, Ron Simmons, Dusty Rhodes, Teddy Long and Jimmy Hart were the legends on hand).

-Impressive collection of title belts on display. Very sloppily placed though, half of them were hanging off the hooks. Also the Hardcore Belt was the Tommy Dreamer license plate style one, not the Mankind one I remember.

-WWE did put some of their better draws out there (Mark Henry, AJ, Jack Swagger were the closest you'll get to top of the card status). Biggest issue I had is time with the Superstars. Obviously they got to get to a lot of people in a small amount of time, but the staff was rather pushy and forcing people in and out. Little kids or anyone for that matter who wanted a picture were out of luck, it was sign-it-and-get-out. Disappointing for fans who spent hard earned money to meet their wrestling idols.

I'll be attending tomorrow night as well. Hopefully it will be better organized.

pwinsider

LionDen
04-05-2013, 09:01 PM
UPDATED:

I attended day one of WWE Axxess, figured I'd pass along a few notes for your site.

-The Andre The Giant statue looks great in person, everyone stopped to take pictures with it.

-Good mix of legends and current superstars (DDP, Ricky Steamboat, Ron Simmons, Dusty Rhodes, Teddy Long and Jimmy Hart were the legends on hand).

-Impressive collection of title belts on display. Very sloppily placed though, half of them were hanging off the hooks. Also the Hardcore Belt was the Tommy Dreamer license plate style one, not the Mankind one I remember.

-WWE did put some of their better draws out there (Mark Henry, AJ, Jack Swagger were the closest you'll get to top of the card status). Biggest issue I had is time with the Superstars. Obviously they got to get to a lot of people in a small amount of time, but the staff was rather pushy and forcing people in and out. Little kids or anyone for that matter who wanted a picture were out of luck, it was sign-it-and-get-out. Disappointing for fans who spent hard earned money to meet their wrestling idols.

I'll be attending tomorrow night as well. Hopefully it will be better organized.

pwinsider