PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United's Robin van Persie happy to share limelight

dope2
04-23-2013, 12:37 AM
Robin van Persie insisted that the plaudits should be shared equally after his first-half hat-trick against Aston Villa wrapped up a 20th league title for Manchester United.

The Dutchman's treble - including a goal of the season contender - took his league tally for the season to 24 but he was more interested in the overall prize than personal landmarks.

"It doesn't matter who scored, as long as we won the game. From the first minute, everyone played well and it was great to score so early and a great win for us," he told Sky Sports after the 3-0 victory.

"The second goal was one the best goals. I only had to time it right"
Robin van Persie

"I am very happy but it is weird. I had to wait so long for my first title. It is a great feeling. It is a fantastic team and fantastic players.

"It is a championship for every single one of them. The staff, the managers, the physios. This is our 20th title, it is deserved.

Van Persie's second goal had the crowd off their feet - a breath-taking left-foot volley as he latched onto a long-range pass from Wayne Rooney.

"It was a great ball from Wayne," he added. "So the only thing I had to do was guide it right and hit it properly and it went in great but more important was the result.

"The second goal was one the best goals. I only had to time it right. Let me enjoy this moment, the next game is against Arsenal, but let me enjoy this moment."

Kage
04-23-2013, 03:46 AM
Why should he share the limelight? He was the difference between City and United this season.

dope2
04-24-2013, 05:42 PM
i hate when people keep saying that yes van persie is very much class and has helped us score more but he alone is certainly not the difference we had 19 different goal scorers this season another league record

Darth Fozzy
04-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Without Van Persie we wouldn't have defeated City away, he's been the difference with last minute equalisers and late winners, don't get me wrong, Rooney player in the midfield has helped and should be his role from now on, his role as a striker is done, Hernandez and Van Persie upfront with Rooney behind skipping from left wing to right similar to what Ronaldo did years ago would confuse opposition defense even more.

Kage
04-25-2013, 04:01 AM
i hate when people keep saying that yes van persie is very much class and has helped us score more but he alone is certainly not the difference we had 19 different goal scorers this season another league record

His 25(?) goals have no doubt been the difference between ManU and City. 19 different goalscorers is incredible, but saying Van Persie wasn't the difference is a discredit to him. At the beginning of the season he brought ManU back from losing situations many, many times.