PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft May Be Bringing Back the Start Button with Windows 8.1

LG
04-24-2013, 05:12 AM
With the introduction of Windows 8, Microsoft abandoned the Start button, causing an uproar amongst long-standing users of the OS. But according to The Verge, the Start button could be making a comeback with Windows 8.1. But before PC users get too excited, the site's sources claim that while the button will return in visage, it will not function like the traditional Start button. Instead, the Start button will act simply as a shortcut to the traditional Windows 8 start interface.

As we learned earlier this month, Microsoft is planning to launch the first major update to Windows 8, version 8.1, in June, which is expected to include a suite of new features and upgrades, including a rumored boot to desktop function, allowing users to forego the Windows 8 'Metro' interface.

Windows 8.1 is expected to be unveiled at Microsoft's Build conference from June 26th to the 28th.

ign

Rob
04-24-2013, 07:56 AM
I bought Start8 for classic start menu functionality. If they bring out a classic start button I want my damn $5 back

LG
04-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Honestly I prefer Windows 7 over Windows 8