PDA

View Full Version : Erie, PA Results - 26th April, 2013

LG
04-27-2013, 05:26 PM
I attended the TNA "Road to Slammiverary" event in Erie, PA Friday evening, here are the results.

Chavo Guerrero, Jr. and Hernandez defeated Bad Influence in a match for the TNA world tag titles in 12 minutes.

Velvet Sky successfully defended her TNA Women's title over Gail Kim with a schoolgirl at 5 min. Velvet really was selling the knee injury after the match.

AJ Styles wins by DQ at 3 minutes over Austin Aries w/ Bobby Roode. Joseph Park comes down for a save. Leading to...

AJ Styles and Joseph Park over Roode and Aries. AJ makes Roode tap to that new move at 8:30.

20 min intermission. Decent line at the concession stands. The Hebner family were selling "Damn Right I Did" t-shirts autographed for $10. They announced that Earl has refereed over 100,000 matches in his career.

TNA World Television Champion Devon, with D-Lo Brown, defeated "Cowboy" James Storm after a low blow at 15 min.

The Main Event for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship was Kurt Angle vs. Bully Ray. The Olympic Gold Medalist received a big hometown pop, as good as could be expected by the maybe 800 people in attendance.
Bubba with the cheap win as D-Lo ran down with the chain at 10:30. Afterwards, the three members of A&8 that were in attendance beat down Angle until Chavo, Hernandez, and Joseph Park made the save to send the crowd home happy.

It was a fun event as all TNA house shows I've ever been to are. It's a shame that they promote themselves so poorly in the towns that they perform in. I myself drove down the 90 minutes from Buffalo to see 4 sections of a hockey arena being used.

Certainly missed JB running the event, as he bleeds TNA and can pump up a small crowd much better than SoCal Val.

PWInsider