PDA

View Full Version : The Rock Potentially Reveals WWE Future on Twitter

LG
04-28-2013, 08:02 PM
Fortunately, we live in a world where we can get answers straight from the source.

Sometimes those answers are heartwarming, while other times they are heartbreaking. Either way, many celebrities and public figures have decided to use social media as a way to connect with their fans.

On Friday, former WWE champion The Rock did just that when he took to Twitter for a round-robin Q&A with fans dubbed "Rock Talk."

During that time, he pulled back the curtain to reveal the original plans regarding his return and departure from the WWE and also shed some light on his current status.

http://thumbnails103.imagebam.com/25148/f34f55251475062.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/f34f55251475062)

As speculated, it seems like "The People's Champ" may have had his swan song at this year’s WrestleMania 29. Overall, this isn't too shocking, as The Rock has a successful movie career that is showing no signs of slowing down.

Not to mention he has really done all he can do in wrestling and has nothing left to prove. Granted, he is still relatively young enough to continue wrestling. However, risking future movie deals for a part-time wrestling gig really doesn't seem to make too much sense.

Whether you like him or not, you can't deny that he did the WWE a solid by coming back. The fact is, the company needed his star-power more than he needed the WWE's global reach.

Don't get me wrong, the WWE will survive without The Rock. Yet, I think it's safe to say that the company definitely benefited from his return. That being said, I am certain Vince McMahon would love to have "The Brahma Bull" stick around for another year or two. Although I am sure he realizes that it would be detrimental to The Rock's Hollywood future.

In the end, this return left fans with many mixed emotions.

On one hand, some were grateful for the time he gave, while others felt that it was a self-serving comeback that offered little to no payoff. Either way you slice it, you can't deny that his return was profitable for the company and, at the very least, gave fans something to talk about.

BR

Rob
04-28-2013, 08:09 PM
He's gone. Good riddance. He crapped on the WWE title, and wrestled a few ppv matches. We'll never have the same Rock we had in the early 2000s, so his return was pointless.

LG
04-28-2013, 08:12 PM
He's gone. Good riddance. He crapped on the WWE title, and wrestled a few ppv matches. We'll never have the same Rock we had in the early 2000s, so his return was pointless.

100% correct. 1000 points goes to Rob

Kage
04-29-2013, 03:01 AM
I feel like he should have stuck around for Raw and said his goodbyes. Feels anticlimactic.

LionDen
04-29-2013, 03:49 AM
lol Mania be his last match .. he knows everyone hated it. I will bet 10 cents with anyone that he returns though.

LionDen
04-29-2013, 03:52 AM
I feel like he should have stuck around for Raw and said his goodbyes. Feels anticlimactic.

He had a movie premiere the next night .. let us not forget the bad reviews from everyone that his match got ... he has his movie career to think about, i honestly still believe his injury was not as bad as he said it was. Look at the end, he hurt his mid section and lol having surgery on it but at the end of the match, he stood in the ring, let the adrenaline die down, walked up to Cena and raised him arm with out flinching .. dodgy.

Rob
04-29-2013, 05:02 AM
He had a movie premiere the next night .. let us not forget the bad reviews from everyone that his match got ... he has his movie career to think about, i honestly still believe his injury was not as bad as he said it was. Look at the end, he hurt his mid section and lol having surgery on it but at the end of the match, he stood in the ring, let the adrenaline die down, walked up to Cena and raised him arm with out flinching .. dodgy.

How dare you kill kayfabe! It's still real to me damnit!

LionDen
04-29-2013, 05:23 AM
How dare you kill kayfabe! It's still real to me damnit!

When does kayfabe stop? He said it on twitter, that means all his fans saw it, including the non wrestling ones. Still dodgy IMO.

wwe9112
04-29-2013, 03:41 PM
I think he should be a manager for a young group of men. He wont have to be there each week, he can give a group of guys some tips and use his mic skills to help get them over....just me.