PDA

View Full Version : 'How I Met Your Mother' Might Actually Make the Big Reveal During the Season 8 Finale

LG
05-11-2013, 09:18 PM
With the clock running out on the CBS comedy, resolution to the series' biggest question may be answered when it spills "the mother of all secrets."

Brace yourself. TV's best-kept secret could be revealed in just a matter of days.

CBS released a new promo for the May 13 season finale of How I Met Your Mother during Thursday's primetime block, and by all accounts, it seems to imply that the titular mother will finally be revealed.

Says the network's distinctive voice-over guy: "You've waited. You've wondered. Now get ready for the mother of all secrets."

How I Met Your Mother has thrown more than its share of red herrings and curveballs at viewers in the past, but with season nine officially the series' last, and co-creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays hinting at a new narrative structure when the show returns in the fall, this might be the moment.

It's already known that the season eight finale takes the action to Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) and Robin's (Cobie Smulders) wedding, seen only in flash-forwards up until now. And that's also the night where Ted (Josh Radnor) meets his future wife, as has been hinted for several years and coyishly shown in the recent season premiere.

THR