PDA

View Full Version : Green Day releasing line of skateboards to raise money for charity

LG
05-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Rockers Green Day have teamed up with a skateboard company to create a line of boards inspired by the band's latest multi-album release to raise money for charity. The American Idiot hitmakers have joined forces with Real Skateboards, one of the biggest board companies in the U.S., to benefit the Children's Hospital & Research Center in Oakland, California, where the sister of frontman Billie Joe Armstrong works. Real Skateboards co-founder Jim Thiebaud is a long-time friend of Armstrong and collaborated with the band on the custom boards, which feature designs mimicking the graphics for their Uno!, Dos!, and Tré! album set. Thiebaud tells the New York Daily News, "It's a true collaboration with Green Day. I've been friends with Billie Joe for more than 15 years. I grew up in Berkeley and Oakland... Skateboarding is an amazing platform. It's not just about pushing a board; you can use it to change the world... Billie Joe's sister works at Children's Hospital, and he suggested it. It's entirely Green Day. I'm just lucky to be a part of it."

msn