PDA

View Full Version : Jose Mourinho to leave Real Madrid at end of the season

Kage
05-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Real Madrid have confirmed that Jose Mourinho will leave at the end of the season as speculation grows about his return to Chelsea.

Mourinho is expected to take charge of Chelsea again this summer and Real paved the way for this move by allowing him to leave the Bernabeu by mutual consent.

President Florentino Perez told a press conference: "After the talks with our coach Jose Mourinho we have reached the agreement to end the contractual relationship at the end of this season.

"Both the club and the coach agree that it is the right moment to end this relationship.

"On behalf of the directors, I would like to thank Jose Mourinho for his hard work over the last three years."

PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti is in line to replace him, but the newly-crowned Ligue 1 champions are reluctant to let him go.

Club president Nasser Al Khelaifi said: "Yes, we had discussions, he asked to depart for Real Madrid.

"I said it is not possible because he has a contract for one year more, so that is our decision.

"It is his problem, it is not our problem. We have offered him another year more on his contract as well as the one he has.

"When you have a contract, everyone is normally obliged to honour that."

Ancelotti admitted his interest in the Real job at the Ligue 1 awards evening.

He said: "Real is a possibility but I have a year left on my contract. It is the club who will decide.

"We have to decide together. My decision is to leave the club. It is not easy because I have had a very good relationship with everyone.

"It is not the time to explain the reason why I wish to leave the club, and perhaps I will never explain it."

the madscotsman
05-20-2013, 08:03 PM
worst kept secret in football.

Kage
05-20-2013, 08:12 PM
worst kept secret in football.

To me it's seemed like he's been trying to get sacked for months now.