PDA

View Full Version : Candice Glover: 'Idol fans can be so mean'

LG
05-21-2013, 05:05 AM
American Idol winner Candice Glover has spent the days since her TV victory last week (16May13) blocking haters on Twitter. The singer, who won the TV contest at her third attempt, was a favorite throughout much of the competition - but not everyone watching was a fan, and now she's really experiencing the downside of becoming an Idol champ. She tells Access Hollywood, "I can't even count how many people I've blocked in the past couple of days... I'd get more negative tweets the further I made it in the competition. They'd talk about how you look, how you sing: 'You suck!', 'You can't sing!' "I think it's natural instinct to go past the good tweets, but when you see that bad one, that's the one that sticks with you and it doesn't feel good to feel that, but I think I've grown a lot over the show... and I know that no matter what anybody says on the Internet, that way I can't see them face to face, I know that I'm beautiful." And Glover has opened up about the feud between Idol judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj, insisting she had to stay focused on her goal of winning the competition to avoid the distraction in front of her on performance nights. She adds, "Backstage, we were so focused on our performances and not going home the following day... That really didn't even bother us. We were so determined to do a good job."

msn