PDA

View Full Version : Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini thanks fans as he ponders next move

the madscotsman
05-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has refused to rule out a return to management in Serie A.

The Italian was sacked earlier this month following City's FA Cup final loss to Wigan, bringing an end to his three-and-a-half-year spell in charge at Eastlands.

Mancini has been linked with a move back to Serie A, but admits he is still unsure on his future.

"Returning to Italy? I don't know, we'll see what will happen in the coming weeks," he told Sky Sports Italy.

"A professional coach can go anywhere if there are chances; it is difficult to say where I will go.
"A return to Inter Milan? I don't think so, but in this job anything can happen."

After Mancini had bought an advert in the Manchester Evening News to thank the City fans for their support, a group of fans returned the gesture in Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"There has been a great feeling with the City supporters. We won three trophies in three and a half years at a club that had not won for 40 years and their affection is proof of the strong bond we have created," he told the paper.

"We also succeeded to win 6-1 at Old Trafford against Manchester United. Now the club will therefore continue to do important things."

from sky sports news