PDA

View Full Version : Chael Sonnen Sort Of Comes Clean On Jon Jones-Dan Henderson Saga

LG
06-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Chael Sonnen sparked a bit of a trip down memory lane recently when he claimed to have "insider" knowledge in regards to last summer when Dan Henderson was forced out of a planned fight with Jon Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title.
Most felt Sonnen knew of the potential spot becoming available, but kept quiet while keeping Jones in the dark.

Well, have telling a reporter recently that he was in the loop with Henderson the whole time, Sonnen discussed the matter on "UFC Tonight" Tuesday.

"All we know for sure is that I lied," Sonnen said. "I said one thing and then I said the exact opposite. You turned to a liar to tell you the truth? That makes as much sense as going to a Kardashian for marriage advice."

Jones turned down the short notice fight with Sonnen last year, forcing UFC officials to cancel a pay-per-view. The two went on to coach on The Ultimate Fighter, with Jones scoring a first round TKO victory over Sonnen earlier this year.

fightline