PDA

View Full Version : Kardashians Reveal Secrets Behind North West's Name

LG
06-26-2013, 07:04 PM
While both Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have remained mum on why they named their daughter North West, Kim's tight-knit family is opening up about the unique moniker.

On Wednesday (June 26), Kim's little brother, Rob Kardashian, called into Ryan Seacrest's radio show where he dished on his new niece and her headline-making name.

"When it comes to babies and stuff like that, I like to give the person all their time with their significant other. Let them enjoy their moment. I'm happy the baby is healthy and my sister is healthy," he said, adding that he thinks that her name "sounds cool."

"[And] North is the highest point, so it has a lot of meaning to it. As long as they're comfortable with it, you can't tell them what to do," he shared, further adding, "I told Kim and Kanye this, I'm like, 'Yo, people are always going to talk whether it's good or bad. There's always going to be the haters, but do what you guys feel.' Like, you know everyone's going to say, 'Oh, you're coming up with some weird celebrity, crazy name.' I'm like, 'You know how it is.' "

Baby North was born on June 15 in Los Angeles, five weeks early, and right now, Rob is looking for the perfect gift to get his newborn niece. "I'm actually looking for like a giant animal to get North. Not a real animal," Rob revealed. "The baby came a month early. It's so small; she needs a big stuffed animal."

Rob isn't the only Kardashian who is excited by their latest addition to the very large Kardashian family. Momager Kris Jenner stopped by "The View" on Tuesday, where she too confirmed the origins of her granddaughter's name.

"I love the name North. I'm pro-North, absolutely. The way she explained it to me was that North means highest power, and she says that North is their highest point together. And I thought that was really sweet," she said. "You don't walk around calling somebody 'Hi, North West.' It's just North."

MTV