PDA

View Full Version : Boogeyman Released - reasons behind it (Updated)

Death Before Dishonor
09-20-2006, 10:22 PM
From WWE.com:

WWE has come to terms on the release of Boogeyman (Marty Wright) as of today 9/20/06. We wish Marty the best in all future endeavors.

Danny
09-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Well, I liked Boogeyman. I know he wasnt the highlight of the night or the most talented man on the roster, but he was still pretty entertaining. I wasn't expecting him to be released so soon. Hopefully, he'll be seen in a wrestling ring again soon, I doubt he'll get a job in TNA, ROH, or CZW though.

XXKSXX
09-21-2006, 12:37 AM
I have never liked him thought he was a waste of time and money and I'm way glad he is gone. I always thought he was just there to try to shock people. But to me he didn't do shit so good ridens.

AFC1986
09-21-2006, 12:40 AM
when he wrestled it was only for about 5minutes and he wasn't entertaining to watch so i'm not surprised he's been released

flamesoffury
09-21-2006, 01:00 AM
when he wrestled it was only for about 5minutes and he wasn't entertaining to watch so i'm not surprised he's been released

2 minutes* and he only did one move and pinned jbl and booker t lol.. former and current world champs.. LOL

Will
09-21-2006, 04:51 AM
How can a man who beat two world champions and has more talent than Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels combined be released? This is a sad day for the company.......no, for the sport....no, for the world. Yes that's it. This is the saddest day in the history of the world.

LionDen
09-21-2006, 12:19 PM
I for opne am glad he is gone, even though he hasn't been seen since WM 22, his gimmick just sucked IMO.

Here are the reasons why he was released:

While out of the ring since April, Wright had been rehabbing leg injuries and was reportedly close to being ready to return to action this month. WWE management were said to have been unhappy with his commitment to return to the ring, with the general feeling being he was doing the bare minimum to get back in shape.

In addition, there were said to have been numerous issues with Wright not checking in with doctors when he was scheduled to do so. He had been warned a few times about his conduct, but despite the warnings he made no effort to change his behavior and was then let go by the company. As noted before, Wright was scheduled to return to Smackdown sometime this month as promos began airing on Friday Night Smackdown pushing his return. When they stopped airing, some people were wondering why. Now we know.

Thanx for news from PWInsider

popsiclesjb
09-22-2006, 01:16 AM
Okay so well he was not much of an entertainer, but really, his wrestling skills were very, very good. If he had gotten a different character on SD! or maybe if he went to Raw, he would have stayed and become a good asset to the WWE.

WickedMoon
09-22-2006, 03:04 AM
I dont think it has anything to do with the character he was given. AFter all alot of the guys have been given some horrible characters to play and they STILL did a better job and still wrestled well.

scorpionf
09-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Thank goodness!

It was an awful gimmick, and was boring!

I am surprised the release comes now, after he was in the Summerslam ad and promos for him were being played during Smackdown, but if was not willing to get his butt in gear and get back in the ring, then good riddance!

The Dane
09-24-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm glad he's gone. That gimmick sucked bigtime.
I always switched channel when his matches were up next...
Well... At least I caught a commercial or two on another channel!

Megan
09-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Gimmick got old and when he first came i said he would get released and looks like im rite

Prakhar
09-27-2006, 11:46 AM
HE was a sick person

classic
09-27-2006, 09:19 PM
what is da reason ?

brownpants2k
09-28-2006, 12:46 PM
it's crazy coz he seemed to have a really big push

EGZ
09-30-2006, 03:19 AM
yh he was good in the ring. better with a different gimmick