PDA

View Full Version : TNA Going Under?

LG
07-03-2013, 07:56 PM
I hate to say this because I've enjoyed TNA since them coming to television - but I honestly think they are sinking fast. With them recently cutting to only 4 ppvs a year or so, then releasing potential TNA talents just to cut costs - and with Sting "talking" about possibly going to WWE next year - might not be long TNA is out of business. They've had a good run but they should have sticked with their originals such as the six sided ring, more X-Division matches. With that said and Wrestlemania 30 possibly being the biggest Wrestlemania ever for WWE - TNA could be out of business within 1-2 years.

*$corpionVend3ttA*
07-04-2013, 05:04 AM
Well ECW went bankrupt.... WCW had a revolving door with bad management and spent to much money, and then merged with aol who didn't care and they sold it to Vince----now TNA is making cuts an its a "pattern? to closing" nah---the only way i see it is if when sting leaves they lose talent after he leaves and they start putting "garbage" in the ring and they lose fans or spike cancels the show... other then that--all this junk is being sprayed because of some minor cuts.... relax... see it when i see it...

LG
07-04-2013, 05:26 AM
They've cut costs by limiting PPVs a year by doing TAPED One Night Only that airs on PPV and by the way, those ppvs were done in ONE NIGHT!!!

Then they spend money on Gut Check to only release most of them that actually had potential, so all of that money was wasted.

They are trying now to imitate other companies by getting rid of the original six sided ring which IMO was a horrible move. The six sided ring is what made them separate from WWE. the X-Division is what made them separate and all of that was in a great way. You need to be different than your competition to get more people to watch...Not try to be like your competition! If Sting jumps ship to WWE - then yeah TNA is a bad step, but is it really? I love Sting, Hogan but the truth is is that TNA needs FRESH meat - ORIGINAL superstars.

I love TNA but it has made some bad business decisions and just like ECW and WCW - they will suffer if they don't fix the problems.

*$corpionVend3ttA*
07-04-2013, 06:04 AM
I get what your saying bro... like i said I'll believe when i see them folding which mostly happens if spike cans them, or panda energy pulls the plug but anything else seems more of a bankruptcy deal using all the money and going out of business... either way sting won't be part of that anyway--just hope if this happens Aries flies the coop as soon as he can. Point on PPVs well it its strange but sometimes being different isn't being the same like everyone else, being your own is where you are, and i like it to a degree j---but their gonna air destination x on spike july 15th is it? so we'll see...

Slayer_X
07-05-2013, 04:40 AM
If they arent paying people its over . TNA has shown potential but always chokes . The best thing they did was get rid of the six sided ring because it made the matches look sloppy and awkward . They needed to scout and recruit their own talent . Might be a little late for that .

rassling fanatic
07-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Sting talk only started because his contract is running out and WWE showed a highlights package about him, even though the WWE also did one for Hogan on the same night. It is pushed to get you to click on links. If Sting leaves, he will leave and then you will know about it.

TNA cut talent who were being paid per appearance. Madison Rayne is pregnant and the word is could actually retire and stay home with her hubbie and child.

Cutting PPV's is a good business move and by having less they can continue to do shows on the road rather than staying in the Impact Zone.

Wrestlemania drawing doesn't have any effect on TNA.

The 6 sided ring has no bearing on drawing, please don't suggest that craziness again.

The One Night Only events are not a big deal because TNA doesn't have to pay for the arena.

TNA NEEDS guys like Hogan and Sting. Nobody knows anybody else...ESPN won't have Austin Aries, they don't care. They will have Hogan on though, for TNA to be successful on the road they need to use these names.

I will repeat...DO NOT mention the removal of 6 sided ring as some bad business move, it is 100% incorrect. It is the dumbest suggestion by wrestling fans. TNA didn't start drawing less when the ring changed and the numbers didn't boost when they first got it.

TNA just needs to get traveling the states, putting on high quality shows so those fans go home and talk about it with their friends. The wrestling landscape has changed where casual wrestling fans only know about WWE and that is it. BRAND AWARENESS.