PDA

View Full Version : Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic looking forward to joining Manchester City

dope2
07-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Stevan Jovetic has expressed his happiness at the opportunity to join Manchester City and he is hoping he can win a trophy with the Premier League club.

Fiorentina confirmed on Thursday that an agreement has been reached with City for the Montenegro international to move to the Etihad Stadium.

The forward, who scored 13 goals in 31 appearances last season, has previously been linked with several of City's Premier League rivals.

However, he is looking forward to linking up with Manuel Pellegrini's side and a reunion with his former Fiorentina team-mate Matija Nastasic.

"Florence will remain in my heart," the 23-year-old told firenzeviola.it. "I came here as a boy and I'm leaving as a man. This is a beautiful city and I was really fine.

"But I'm happy to go to City because they play in the Premier League and they are a very important team. I just want to win something.

"And then I'll find my great friend Nastasic.

"I will be leaving a very strong Fiorentina and I'm happy about that. I wish that they can win the scudetto.

"It would have been nice to play with Mario Gomez, but I wanted a change of scenery.

"I know that Fiorentina's fans are a little angry with me, it's normal, but I have never said anything bad, either about them or about Fiorentina."

Viola coach Vincenzo Montella added: "Stevan gave so much to Fiorentina, but he had expressed a desire to grow elsewhere and I wish him good luck."

Jovetic joined Fiorentina from Partizan Belgrade in 2008, but is now scheduled to travel to Manchester to finalise personal terms with City

Source: SKy Sports