PDA

View Full Version : Superman/Batman team-up movie coming, to be announced at Comic-Con

LG
07-21-2013, 02:38 AM
San Diego Comic-Con is Christmas for geek movie news. Today, we have been given another gift. The L.A. Times’ Hero Complex blog is reporting that Warner Brothers, after many years of spinning their wheels, is finally bringing a Superman/Batman team-up to the big screen. Their sources, who purportedly have direct knowledge of the movie, claim that the film will be the Man of Steel followup and is set for release in 2015. The source further claims that Zack Snyder will return to direct with David S. Goyer again writing the script and Henry Cavill donning the tights again. It is speculated, though not at all known for sure, that Christopher Nolan may once again produce. It is not expected that Christian Bale will be reprising the role of The Dark Knight.

Holy crap, could this really be happening? Granted, the official announcement hasn’t been made, but the information seems solid and it looks like it will probably be confirmed very shortly. I have to say, I never thought WB would pull this off. However, it does make sense as a first stepping stone toward the Justice League FOLLOW film they are so desperate to get off the ground. World’s Finest, monster truckers! I’m not wildly excited about Snyder and Goyer coming back, as I thought Man of Steel was mediocre at best. However, Cavill was a good Kal-El and it will be interesting now to see the casting blitz to find the new Batman.

What do you guys think?

Update: Zack Snyder has comfirmed during the WB panel at SDCC, that he is indeed directing a Superman/Batman team-up. Apparently it will be inspired by, but not a direct adaptation of, Frank Miller‘s The Dark Knight Returns. Ok, so now they’re using my favorite graphic novel as the basis of the film? Amazing!

Here’s a pic of the logo they revealed…

http://img.moviepilot.com/assets/tarantulaV2/embedded_images/1374352876_Bat_Supe_Logo.jpg

From the official WB press release…

”BURBANK, CA, July 20, 2013 — On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time — Batman and Superman — for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.”

If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go bounce of the walls in excitement.