PDA

View Full Version : Major News On The Next ECW PPV

OMEN
02-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Plans are still in place for WWE to run a second ECW PPV on June 10 according to PWInsider, indicating that last year's show was not a "One Night Stand" after all.

Presently, WWE is trying to settle on a location for the event. As it stands, it will either be held again in New York's Hammerstein Ballroom or in Philadelphia, although not at the ECW Arena.

WWE is already in contact with Terry Funk about working the show. While Funk has yet to commit to the date, there have already been reports that WWE wants to base the promotion for the second event around Funk's appearance.

Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit have already pitched the idea of working against each other in an Eddie Guerrero Tribute bout at the show. Malenko was unavailable for last year's event but will certainly be there this year.

Tajiri is also expected to work the show.

Sources say that WWE will force outside talent to sign a stricter contract about working this year's show. WWE does not want another "Hardcore Homecoming" event trading on its hype for an ECW reunion.

PWInsider,

This is great news for all wrestling fans,It will be great to see a lot of the former ECW stars back in the ring again.I do not know why the wwe do not make this an annual PPV as it has got to be better than some of the shows they are producing at the moment..

Austinfan4Life
02-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Holly shit that is some awesome news.. Dont forget the return of Rob Van Dam to the card.. in a MATCH!.. And I can't wait for Benoit vs. Maelnko.. That will be a technical masterpiece.

King Placebo
02-05-2006, 12:34 AM
I dont like this idea, what was the whole point of having that "One night stand" PPV now if theyre only gonig to make another one, it loses all meaning in a "one night stand" only meant for one night.

Shell
02-05-2006, 01:17 AM
I don't see the point when the likes of Raven and Sabu won't be able to fight if they are still with TNA

Slash
02-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Raven, Sabu, The Dudleyz, Rhyno, None of those guys will be there!

Flair Country
02-05-2006, 01:28 AM
I think the whole ECW ppv is a lost cost at this point. WWE screwed all of their former ECW boys with the exception of less than a handfull. Although Terry Funk is a great talent and he continues to amaze me with what he does at his age.

Link1512
02-08-2006, 07:26 AM
The TNA guys will be able to do it, they just work for free.

W-OLF
02-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Awwe I was gonna post it he beat me to it .