PDA

View Full Version : Man Dies After 65-ft Fall at Braves-Phillies Game

Rob
08-13-2013, 06:27 AM
ATLANTA (CNN) — A man died after he fell about 65 feet from an upper level of Turner Field in Atlanta during a Braves-Phillies game Monday, police said.

The man fell shortly before 8:55 p.m at the stadium and landed in a secured parking lot.

Atlanta police said the fall appeared to be accidental and added it was too early to tell if alcohol played a factor.

An investigation is under way and police have questioned those who saw what happened.

The game was scheduled to start at 7:10 p.m., but heavy rains pushed back the start time nearly two hours. The fall took play during the rain delay.

It’s the second such death at an Atlanta sporting venue in the last year.

On August 31, a Tennessee fan died after falling about 45 feet at the Georgia Dome during a college football game between North Carolina State and Tennessee.

In July 2011, a Texas fan died after falling 20 feet at the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, Texas, while trying to catch a ball thrown to him by outfielder Josh Hamilton.

By Ed Payne and Dave Alsup
CNN

LG
08-13-2013, 06:28 AM
That's sad. I've been to Turner Field before, or well near it at least during a game. It's huge, so yeah 65ft drop, I think thats farther than when Owen Hart fell

Jake
08-13-2013, 06:59 AM
thats scary man wow. rain delays can make you be suicidal i guess

sorry too soon for a joke i guess. this is very sad to hear though especially since i watched a bit of that game.