PDA

View Full Version : Gareth Bale 'furious' as Tottenham stall over his move to Real Madrid

dope2
08-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Gareth Bale is "furious" with Tottenham's handling of his proposed transfer, Sky sources understand.

The Wales international was expected to meet up with his Spurs team-mates on Tuesday but he did not turn up and is increasingly frustrated with how the club are dealing with the situation.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is, however, understood to have no issue with Bale over his absence from training on Tuesday and is in touch with the winger over the club's training schedule.

Reports emerged over the Bank Holiday weekend suggesting Real Madrid were not the only club to make an approach for him, with Manchester United also linked with the player.

Bale - who was spotted in central London ahead of a meeting with his representatives on Tuesday - now appears to be losing patience as the clock ticks down towards the close of the transfer window on 2 September, with his world record £86m move to Madrid in the balance.

Following the goalless draw with Chelsea on Monday night, David Moyes was asked if United is the club in question and the Scot responded with "no".

Moyes coy on Bale

However, with Moyes enduring a frustrating summer in the transfer market so far, it would be a surprise if United do not make any further moves before the transfer window closes next week.

Regarding possible interest in Bale, Moyes told Sky Sports: "I said at the start that Manchester United will always be interested in the best players and we'll always be looking to try and improve the team.

"The owners have given me every opportunity to get who I want so we'll continue to look for those players. It's been tough in this window but we're always looking at the best players."

Source: Sky SPorts