PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news: Jim Ross retiring

Rob
09-11-2013, 10:09 PM
From WWE.com:

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross announced that he is retiring from WWE today, after 20 years of service, to focus on his personal business endeavors.

Jim has had a long and storied career at WWE, both on the corporate staff as well as his television persona, calling some of the most memorable matches in WWE history as the voice of Monday Night Raw and SmackDown for more than two decades. He made his debut with WWE at WrestleMania IX in 1993 and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2007 by his long-time friend “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

Jim has made many contributions to WWE and the sports-entertainment industry, and we thank him for his many years of service and wish him well.
Vince McMahon posted on Twitter:

"@VinceMcMahon: Thank you @JRsBBQ for 20 years of service with @WWE."

Several wrestling personalities took to their Twitter to comment on the announcement of Jim Ross retiring from World Wrestling Entertainment. Here are a few of their tweets:

Triple H ‏@TripleH
"Can't thank you enough @JRsBBQ for all you've done for me personally and for @WWE ... Enjoy your time, you've earned it!!! #thankyouJR"

The Iron Sheik ‏@the_ironsheik
Jim Ross @JRsBBQ great announcer in the history. nobody better than him. i love him forever

Joey Styles ‏@JoeyStyles
Thank you @JRsBBQ for being the measuring stick for Pro Wrestling announcers & teaching me how to be a @WWE sports entertainment storyteller

Scott Stanford ‏@scottstanford1
I got to work with @JRsBBQ once! Wrestlemania 29 pre and post...now a collector's item as it would be his last Wrestlemania! Good luck JR!

Tom Phillips ‏@TomPhillipsWWE
First match I ever called was with @JRsBBQ at @WWENXT. Thank you so much for everything, JR! #ThankYouJR

Sean Waltman ‏@TheRealXPac
@JRsBBQ You are & always will be the best. That's coming from a boy who grew up on Gordon Solie. Thank You Jim.

airbourne ‏@findevan
This! RT @JustinRoberts The passion, knowledge & untouchable experience. Thank you @JRsBBQ for adding so much to SO many matches and stories

TonyDawsonWWE ‏@TonyDawsonWWE
Thank you @JRsBBQ for your coaching at @WWENXT.

Slayer_X
09-11-2013, 10:56 PM
He is one of the few people in the business thats irreplaceable but if its time for him to move on so be it . I wanna hear him shout " STONECOLD !STONECOLD !" one time .

Jake
09-11-2013, 11:35 PM
It is a sad day :(

LG
09-11-2013, 11:44 PM
I know he will be back personally for maybe one Wrestlemania match, calling it down the middle. One of the best commentators ever