PDA

View Full Version : Former WWE Superstar Now Working As A Bouncer

LG
09-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Former WWE Superstar Now Working As A Bouncer

Former WWE wrestler Maven Huffman is currently working as a bouncer at a sports bar in New York City. MMA journalist and wrestling fan Ariel Helwani confirmed this tidbit on Twitter.

"Just walked by a bar that former Tough Enough winner Maven was bouncing. Told him the Rumble spot was awesome. He didn't seem pleased," wrote Helwani on Friday night.

He added further, "I swear. He seemed embarrassed someone recognized him."

Last month, a second person relayed a very similar story online in a post on TheColi.com message board, noting that he crossed paths with the former WWE Superstar at a bar in New York City (Midtown 1015 at Sutton Place). This individual recognized the bouncer as a professional wrestler and found out it was indeed Huffman upon asking.

"[Huffman] was a huge dikk he was kind a pushing me away the whole time, but i had told him man I remember when you eliminated undertaker in RR, he didnt care lol," wrote the message board user. "Dude seemed bitter for me even bringing up his wrestling past."

After being released from his contract with WWE on July 5, 2005, Huffman found himself on multiple television shows; a cast member on the VH-1 reality show The Surreal Life, and host of programs on the Home Shopping Network and BET J. However, the former schoolteacher's life took a rough turn in 2012 as he was arrested in Florida for "doctor shopping." TMZ.com reported in April of that year that he allegedly went to multiple pharmacies to fill prescriptions for painkillers—he gained more than 1,000. Huffman subsequently agreed to participate in WWE's "Former Talent Rehab Program" to defeat his drug addiction, which he successfully completed.

Punisher
09-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Id be a little bummed too if someone came up to me talking about how awesome my time in WWE was, when I am a bouncer at a bar.