PDA

View Full Version : Fla. woman writes 'just divorced' on minivan

Rob
12-18-2013, 01:24 AM
http://highlandstoday.com/storyimage/HI/20131214/ARTICLE/131219943/AR/0/?maxH=337?/AR-131219943.jpg
Hickory Ridge resident Lois Lewis stands with her Toyota Sienna mini-van inscribed with her now notable "Just Divorced" announcement etched on the back window. Lewis worked for Weight Watchers for about 40 years, five in Sebring, and is well-known in her neighborhood for work with the company. PAUL CATALA/STAFF

By PAUL CATALA
Highlands Today

Published: December 14, 2013
SEBRING - When Lois Lewis was finally divorced, she wanted to announce it to the world - or at least to whoever drives past her mini-van.

After a year and a half of an unhappy marriage, Dec. 5 Lewis was officially divorced from her now ex-husband.
During a Dec. 6 visit to the Walgreen's drug store, 3027 S. U.S. 27, a sales associate gave her an idea: etch the announcement on her the back window of her 2006 Toyota Sienna mini-van.

Using white glass chalk, Lewis, 74, who moved to the Hickory Ridge subdivision from Lake Ariel, Pa., 18 years ago, wrote "Just Divorced" in big letters, spinning the familiar "Just Married" moniker on its head. Since then, Lewis and her van have become a roving novelty on Highlands County roadways,

Thursday, her sister, Sara Kroeger, who also lives in Sebring, called to say she had even seen a picture of the Toyota shown on ABC's "Good Morning America" morning TV show. Now, Lewis - whose first husband, Neil Lewis, died in 2007 after 14 years of marriage - has been getting honks, thumbs-ups and people asking to pose with her and her inscribed mini-van.

"I go on errands and people are waving and giving me thumbs-up. They're stopping to take pictures and say, 'Go right ahead!'" she said.

In addition to the literally moving announcement of her new singleness, Lewis had a Christmas cake with "I'm Divorced" written in pink icing on top and served it during a dance at the Highlands Social Dance Club get-together.

Lewis credited Walgreen's sales associate Krystal Kirouac with the idea. Kirouac said she thought of doing that after she got divorced but never actually did went through with it. She didn't think Lewis would actually put it on her van.
"People put 'Just Married' on their cars on their cars because they're happy. So, I thought Why not put 'Just Divorced' if you're happy about that?" she said.

Although Lewis said she's having fun with the roaming resolution, it's in no way a "seeking singles" sign. She said she wants to have fun, keep dancing and enjoy the benefits of bachelorette-hood for a while.
"I'm staying single. I just wanted to let people know it's over," she said and smiled.

- See more at: http://highlandstoday.com/hi/local-news/sebring-woman-has-a-driving-divorce-20131214/#sthash.Xx2GUXG6.dpuf

Slayer_X
12-18-2013, 01:35 AM
Only married a year and a half . Ive played video games for longer .