PDA

View Full Version : Why Roman Reigns?

LG
12-29-2013, 08:21 PM
One question that has kind of boggled my mind is the singles push of Roman Reigns, and him turning into a babyface. My personal favorite of The Shield is Dean Ambrose. Before Ambrose made his first WWE appearance with The Shield, I had heard so much about him - and now I understand why there was so much talk about him more than anyone else.

I believe the only reasons Reigns will be getting this singles push above the other two is simply because his size and he is The Rock's cousin. He doesn't do a good promo though. His spear is great, but I just don't see him as the top star coming out of the Shield personally.

Reason why I see Ambrose being the top guy is because of his personsa - he delivers right now IMO the greatest promos, and when he gets into singles himself it will grow greater. He does an awesome job in the ring as well.

I just don't like Rollins, sorry..

What do you guys think?

the madscotsman
12-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Vince likes big boys.

Jake
12-30-2013, 05:15 PM
I must of missed something here? When did Roman turn on the shield? Anyway I hate seeing him get pushed. Ambrose and Rollins are both much better on the mic and in the ring.

LG
12-30-2013, 06:19 PM
I must of missed something here? When did Roman turn on the shield? Anyway I hate seeing him get pushed. Ambrose and Rollins are both much better on the mic and in the ring.

It's just a rumor right now Jake, but on most of the wrestling news sites they are saying Reigns is getting a push during WM season.

Metalitia
01-10-2014, 08:59 PM
I too am puzzled by this in some ways but not in others.

He is the least talented of the 3 however has looked impressive.

Rollins and Ambrose are streets ahead to be fair and ability wise should be able to walk into a match against the majority of the roster and pull it out of the bag.

In other words, they'll get over on their own ability much like Punk and Bryan in recent years and Chris Benoit before them.

Not to mention they already have a semi strong following from their indie days.

Reigns was relatively unknown before The Shield and of the 3 is the one who is most in need of a push.

WWE putting him over makes it more of an even playing field when they inevitably have their triple threat match at Wrestlemania.

He's getting a big push to be the favourite for that match, it makes most sense to have Rollins win it though.

Punisher
01-10-2014, 09:19 PM
Roman is definitely the least talented out of the three as far as on the mic and in the ring. He is defenitly getting better day by day in the ring as evident in his match with Punk. He just has the look that WWE wants. He's a big guy and let's face it he probably has the prettiest spear in WWE history (sorry goldberg). Hes kind of the Batista of the Shield. Everyone knows that Orton and HHH were better, but there is just something about Roman that you cant deny.

Will
02-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Ambrose is wildly over rated by the iwc. His promos are horrible. He moves his head and face around like he is missing a chromosone, but to stick to the topic, as everyone has said, Reigns will get the push because he has the biggest body.