PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann headlines UFC 170 in February

LG
12-30-2013, 02:21 AM
Ronda Rousey closed the door on her two year long rivalry with Miesha Tate on Saturday night in her longest fight to date as it took her until the third round to finally land her signature armbar to get the finish.

Despite the last two months preparing for the battle ahead and a 'Fight of the Night' performance, Rousey will head straight back into camp as she will now headline UFC 170 on Feb 22 against former Olympic silver medalist Sara McMann.

UFC president Dana White announced the fight at the UFC 168 post fight press conference. Rousey vs. McMann will now headline the card with Rashad Evans vs. Daniel Cormier serving as the co-main event of the evening.

McMann has been out of action since April when she made her UFC debut against Sheila Gaff, winning by TKO in the first round. A silver medalist in Olympic wrestling in 2004, McMann was originally expected to return in August but had to withdraw from the fight due to personal reasons.

McMann is currently undefeated in her professional career at a perfect 7-0 while Rousey will enter the fight with the exact same record as she looks to defend her UFC title for a second consecutive time since her inaugural bout in the Octagon in February.

Now the two women's bantamweight fighters will face off at UFC 170 in February 2014 with the championship on the line.

the madscotsman
12-30-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm really looking forward to this fight. Olympic wrestling vs Judo. Should be interesting.

LG
12-30-2013, 04:05 PM
UFC 168 was the first fight that I saw Ronda Rousey fight, and even with that - I was really impressed, and even scared, by this woman.

I have to say I'm really looking forward for like you said madscotsman, Olympic wrestling vs judo, two women with BOTH 7 WINS with NO LOSSES - Undefeated with the same record - this is going to be a great match

Jake
12-30-2013, 05:10 PM
I still think Miesha is the hottest but Ronda is awesome for fighting twice in 3 months. Can't wait to see this

Will
01-31-2014, 03:43 AM
Granted her last fight went longer but when your fights average less than half a round each you should be fighting every three months. Rousey could fight 10 times in the next two years if she didn't already have one foot out the door and Hollywood in her eyes. I don't see McMann stopping her.

muzi
01-31-2014, 10:00 PM
Think that Evans vs Cormier should headline that bout..

Will
02-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Championship fights headline cards, that should always be the case.