PDA

View Full Version : Dana White: Anderson Silva will come back, 'wants that belt back'

Will
01-31-2014, 03:48 AM
Just a month after watching his biggest star suffer one of the most hard-to-watch injuries in MMA history, Dana White believes Anderson Silva will return – and he’ll be gunning for a title again.

Silva broke his leg in his rematch against Chris Weidman at UFC 168 this past month. The injury looked so bad initially that many wondered if Silva would just retire from fighting.

But White on Thursday reiterated that he believes the former middleweight champion will rehab his way back to fighting.

“He’s going to heal great,” White said at Madison Square Garden in New York following a media event for Saturday’s UFC 169, which takes place in nearby Newark, N.J. “He’s going to come back. The bone will be stronger. If you blow your ACL, you’re out for a year and three months. Rehab is gruesome on the thing, and you don’t know if you’re going to perform the same way. He broke a bone. He’s going to be good.

“I’m downplaying it. It hurt like hell. I don’t ever want to break my bone like that, but he’s got a broken bone.”

Silvas a warrior so Im sure he will be back but I don't see another title run in his future.

muzi
01-31-2014, 09:59 PM
Don't see an immediate title fight for Silva if Weidmann's still the champ. If somebody else (Belfort or s.e.) is then champ, maybe yes...but I think UFC will give Silva some "easy" matchup so he gets his timing and confidenty back while fighting an opponnent fitting his style and then challenging for the title

Will
02-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Id give him an immediate rematch when he comes back but i understand why he wont and im fine with it. Let him beat a couple top ten guys to put a positive spin on the end of his career and then he can go home and swim naked in his pool of money.