PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3's 'controversial' control scheme

Dark Drakan
09-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Bungie has rocked the foundations of the Halo community with news that its been testing out a "controversial" new control scheme designed for Halo 3. Well, actually, it's no so much rocked more caused a minor stir in the air with the wave of a cabbage leaf - metaphorically speaking.

"Basically it [the new control scheme] addresses some of the complaints 360 owners had about the button mapping - especially the black and white buttons no longer found on the 360 - and makes for a more logical use of the left and right bumpers. There are some other changes that are game-feature dependent that I can't talk about yet, but basically the new scheme is super solid," the developer's explained in a recent update on its website.

Allaying fears/conducting a pre-emptive strike, Bungie's gone on to say the new Halo 3 control scheme will be accompanied by "the classics" in the Halo control scheme world and "perhaps even some improved or new control variants. We might even take a look at the "backward" southpaw controls...".

Meanwhile, in the very same update, there's a few words on Halo 3's AI and the sequel's Warthog. In particular, the developer's spoken about the behaviour of the game's "AI buddies" in connection with the vehicle. Apparently, you can now do the likes of 'convince' an AI gunner on the Warthog to select more relevant targets and "target individual bad guys by steering the Hog".

Bungie's elaborated, "This has two effects on the gameplay - one is that it makes the Hog feel more like a weapon when you're driving, and the second is that it makes you want to cruise around bigger battle areas playing mop-up, whereas previously the temptation might have been to get the heck out of dodge."

Bigger battle areas sounds like major carnage to us, and with the dev also saying that current combat encounters in Halo 3 feature "more bad guys than ever before", we're already putting our triggers fingers through a fierce exercise regime in preparation for the action.

SOURCE - CVG

twitchn
10-03-2006, 12:40 AM
im lookin forward to it... i dont care if theyve changed stuff as long as it still plays... i mean who cares true gamers can adapt to anything

Dark Drakan
10-04-2006, 08:47 PM
im lookin forward to it... i dont care if theyve changed stuff as long as it still plays... i mean who cares true gamers can adapt to anything

Very true and i agree 100%!

gymdude48
11-19-2006, 12:28 AM
i think it is great they switched it up so that every one can have fresh start and not have really good people just dominate like it is halo 2

Dark Drakan
11-20-2006, 01:55 PM
i think it is great they switched it up so that every one can have fresh start and not have really good people just dominate like it is halo 2

Yeah guess thats a very good point.