PDA

View Full Version : Backstage News on Sting Signing with WWE

LG
02-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Regarding Sting not signing a deal with WWE yet, it's more because WWE is dragging their feet. We noted before that WWE officials are in no hurry to get Sting signed for a WrestleMania XXX match but word is that Sting himself was hoping for a match against The Undertaker at this year's event.

Since Sting lives in the Dallas area, he is willing to meet up with The Undertaker and work out the match in private at Undertaker’s gym, over and over, to get it right, which is what Undertaker’s opponents have done for the past several years. That’s one of the reasons the matches have gone over so well. There was some concern that Brock Lesnar, who is in it because he makes big money for a limited amount of work and only has a certain number of dates on his contract, may not be willing to spend several extra days working with Taker to get the entire match worked out.

the madscotsman
02-13-2014, 03:22 PM
I think Lesnar would be wiling to do the work with Taker, if not I think Paul E could convince him.

trendkiller666999
02-13-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm so on board with a Sting vs Taker match I personally don't think it will happen but I'd like to see Sting in the HOF 14

Eyesnsane
02-13-2014, 07:58 PM
You know, I have liked and respected Sting for not working for the WWE, to see him sign with Vince would change something for me as it relates to how I see the guy. As for the match, you could have sold me on the match value ten years ago, but now I don't really want see it...

Rob
02-13-2014, 09:22 PM
You know, I have liked and respected Sting for not working for the WWE, to see him sign with Vince would change something for me as it relates to how I see the guy. As for the match, you could have sold me on the match value ten years ago, but now I don't really want see it...

Between those two guys, a well-rehearsed match would play out well before a live crowd. I think both guys have a couple good matches left in the tank, but the question is what cost will it be to the two men involved? As we've seen the last few years, Taker is a shell of the man he used to be.

Eyesnsane
02-13-2014, 11:12 PM
That gets to the heart of my point Taker is a shell and Sting is lucky he can still walk

Role Model
02-14-2014, 04:24 AM
I think we all can agree on wishing Sting had come earlier, and now I don't want a dream match to be played out between two guys that are far past their prime. Also, Sting has kept this grudge up for so long it would just be sad if he breaks it now. We could have had so many epic matches with Sting had he appeared years earlier.

muzi
02-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Would have Sting come to WWE earlier (months after Booker T came in), a Sting vs Kurt Angle feud would have been simply awesome!
Also Orton as Legend Killer would have wanted to kill Sting's career...and do not forget Cena, HHH, Batista, Lesnar and Stone Cold

Will
02-16-2014, 01:40 AM
I think we all can agree on wishing Sting had come earlier, and now I don't want a dream match to be played out between two guys that are far past their prime. Also, Sting has kept this grudge up for so long it would just be sad if he breaks it now. We could have had so many epic matches with Sting had he appeared years earlier.

Its never been a case of sting holding a grudge against the wwe. Originally stings refusal to go to the wwe had to do with the attitude era and storylines and things that went against his christian beliefs. The last few years its simply been a case of tna offering the better schedule. A base salary of a million bucks a year for 40 dates? Youd have to be crazy to pass that up for maybe double that and 250 dates in the wwe. He knows hes at the end of his career and Vinnymac has softened on his stance against handing out part time contracts so it makes perfect sense for him to try and sign now.

LG
02-16-2014, 01:46 AM
I had a friend who wanted to get Sting to come and speak for an engagement. The cost was $25,000 for three hours total. And this was 2 years ago.

Will
02-19-2014, 01:52 AM
I had a friend who wanted to get Sting to come and speak for an engagement. The cost was $25,000 for three hours total. And this was 2 years ago.

Not surprising. He probably charges the same fee regardless of whether its a pic nic in some guys back yard or a huge autograph signing convention.