PDA

View Full Version : UFC 170 official weigh-in results

Role Model
02-22-2014, 10:58 AM
http://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/ronda-rousey-sara-mcmann-ufc-1701.jpg?w=1000
LAS VEGAS – MMAjunkie was on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC 170 fighter weigh-ins, where all 22 fighters on the card successfully made weight for their contests.

The festivities took place at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The same venue then hosts Saturday’s fight card.

Among those weighing in were UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, who defends her title against fellow Olympic medalist Sara McMann in the main event. Both succesfully hit the 135-pound mark, and the two Olympic medalists each predicted a special result from the historic affair.

“I think this is going to be the best women’s fight the UFC has ever had,” McMann said.
“I think it’s an amazing, historic event for the UFC,” Rousey added. “It’s not two guys fighting that you found in the back of a bar.”

Additionally, Daniel Cormier hit the light-heavyweight mark for the first time in his career against former Olympic training partner and short-notice UFC newcomer Patrick Cummins in the co-feature. While the tension between the two was palpable, the pair refrained from another pre-fight clash.

The full UFC 170 weigh-in results include:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Ronda Rousey (135) vs. Sara McMann (135) – for women’s bantamweight title
Daniel Cormier (205) vs. Patrick Cummins (205)
Rory MacDonald (171) vs. Demian Maia (170)
Mike Pyle (171) vs. T.J. Waldburger (171)
Stephen Thompson (170.5) vs. Robert Whittaker (170)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)

Alexis Davis (135) vs. Jessica Eye (136)
Raphael Assuncao (136) vs. Pedro Munhoz (135)
Cody Gibson (135.5) vs. Aljamain Sterling (135.5)
Zach Makovsky (125) vs. Josh Sampo (126)

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)

Erik Koch (155) vs. Rafaello Oliveira (155)
Ernest Chavez (156) vs. Yosdenis Cedeno (155.5)

the madscotsman
02-22-2014, 12:02 PM
I really hope MacDonald gets choked out.

My picks:

McMann beats Rousey
Cormier beats the can
Maia beat MacDonald.

What's yours?

Role Model
02-22-2014, 10:49 PM
Some Olympic history on the card

Rhonda Rousey won a Bronze Medal in Judo at the 2008 Summer Olympics. Judo is a sport that awarded two bronze medals.

McMann won a Wrestling Silver Medal at the 2004 Summer Olympics.

Daniel Cormier was scheduled to compete at the 2008 Olympics in wrestling... until a bad weight cut caused his kidneys to shut down costing him his chance at that glory.

My predictions:

MacDonald beats Maia
Cormier beats Cummins
Rousey beats McMann
Thompson beats Whittaker
Waldburger beats Pyle

I'm just getting in UFC more so this is based on vegas odds and a little research I've done myself.